Translate

Monday, June 17, 2019

Ford's ole office 06/17/2019


            Friday June 14, 2019 is the day that the floor installer was to come to the Fords ole office and put in a new floor. The owner said they would be here around 8:30, I guess 10:00 is around 8:30. The owner Tony usually does the actual work, the young man usually helps. They switched and the young fellow did the work and the older fellow was the gofer.
            The young fellow did a very nice job and they took about 4 hours doing it.     

                                                          
            Photo above is of the old floor, below is the new floor, I like it!
                                               
            I have started bringing things back into the office, not everything is coming back.  

                                                          
            Tres has again started to sleep under the desk.
            Saturday has come, and almost gone. My spouse of half a century has gone through a bunch of items in the garage, some got tossed out.
            I have most of the office back to normal. I also planted a couple flowers for the first wife, and watered the plants in the back yard, that were not in the sun. When the sun gets low in the sky I will attempt to water the remaining plants.
            I need to go check a couple neighbors’ homes just to be sure all is ok.
            Homes were checked and all is ok, I did water the flowers at one of the homes, and feed all the animals at the other home.
            Problems are something that we all need to deal with. Problems are more difficult when you are a senior retired person on a fixed income. For some reason the DVR that records all the movements from the security cameras, has kind of stopped working. The DVR turns on, and all the cameras can be seen on the monitor, then a message there is no signal and the DVR goes off. It resets itself and comes on then goes off and resets again.
            The unit is over 10 years old. Sometimes when you move or handle an old electronic device, things happen inside, in this case it decided to give up the ghost, that means stop working properly. I will continue to try and find the problem, but if I don’t find the problem I will need to purchase a new DVR.
            I have checked on prices and availability, most of what I found come with cameras and have twice the storage of the old unit. I guess having some new cameras would be good, the color on some of my old cameras is not good, and improved night vision would be ok too.   
            I purchased this unit years ago when I started working from home. The little ole office area did not have a window so I bought a camera and connected to the TV, which allowed me to see outside. I like that so I purchased the VCR which came with 4 cameras. That made five cameras and the DVR was capable of handling eight so I purchased three more cameras. When you are working, and have an income, you can get all the nice things.
            That is my problem, donations will be accepted and they should be gift cards of $100 or more.
                                                            Thanks
            We received a little rain yesterday (Sunday) evening. At the Ford Homestead the rain gage showed a little over 2 inches, at the Waco airport they had 3.10 inches. Now the grass will need to be mowed again. L

Working or retired, be safe, productive, and cooperative!

Senior all-knowing retiree on a fixed income; Don Ford 

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: