Translate

Friday, June 28, 2019

Is new good? 06/28/2019

            What a wonderful title line, “Is new good?” Now if I were you I might say, “New is always good”, but since I am not you, I will say, “New is often good, but also often there is, a buyer’s remorse”! If you do not know about buyer’s remorse you can Google it.

            I have recently purchased a new cell phone. No I did not have the funding to have a nice phone like you have, but it seems to be a nice phone. The vendor I purchased it from has instructional videos about getting started with the phone, and how to make it work the way you want it to. I watched them before the phone arrived.

            I will be right back I need to get a cup of coffee.

            Ok I am back, as with anything new, one needs to get use to the operation and differences between new and old items. I really like the way my ole phone had the on and off button on the back, and not on the side. I could hold the ole phone by its sides or top and bottom and not hit the on off button. I can’t do that on this phone. I must now learn to not touch the side of the phone with the on off button. L       That button in itself gives me buyer’s remorse!

            I started the phone and was able to make and receive phone calls. I tried to set up my emails on the phone yesterday with no luck. This morning, I was able to get one of the emails working but not both. L          Ones better than none! Again buyer’s remorse!

            I am exploring various settings and I found one I like. I have an alarm set to remind me to use my eye drops at 8:00pm. When I set it up there was an option to say the time along with the alarm. I did turn that feature on. When 8:00 pm came the phone began to alarm, and it said, “It is 8:00pm”. J          That reduced some of the buyer’s remorse.

            I feel reasonably sure that I will get everything set up as I want it in a few days.

 

Thursday, I waited until the front yard had shade, and I then pulled out the Ford’s ole weed eater and walk behind mower. After walking the yard looking for sticks, I then began trimming around everything. With the trimming completed I then set out with the walk behind mower mowing east and west. I knew the grass was tall but I was surprised how tall it was. The wheels on the mower are 8 inches and the grass was often taller than the wheels.

            Having completed the east to west walk, I then started the north to south mowing, the yard does look as if it was manicured.

            An additional component to manicuring your yard is, cleaning up the grass from the side walk, drive way, and yes, the street. When all is mowed and all is cleaned only then can one say, “It is manicured properly”!

 

            I will go to the doctor’s office for a blood test this morning, I can’t eat or drink anything until the test has been executed. My annual physical is next week and they like to have the blood test prior to the visit with the doctor. 

            I have a couple projects that I need to address later today, a shelf that was suggested by my first wife, and a reworking of a bed of roses. There is no rest for the retired.

 

Have a good day and a safe weekend!

 

Senior Fellow at the Ford Homestead; Mr. Don Ford


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: