Translate

Friday, June 21, 2019

More water work 06/21/2019

               Now that I have looked at the title line, I remember a restaurant that use to be in Waco, many years ago. The restaurant was named, “The water works”. The restaurant was inside the old Waco water works building. There was part of a Train Caboose, which you could have your meal in it. The restaurant was considered an excellent place to eat, we liked it.
            This posting has nothing to do with food, that was just an ole memory.
            I had to go to the hardware store today and it was named after a card. I needed a few fittings for the second part of the sprinkler system. I will be working on the second part today, and this afternoon when the shade is over the area I will try for an install. The photo below is where this above ground sprinkler will be placed.
                                                                 
            Below is the pipe that will be placed in the flower bed. It is not yet glued together, I will do that as I am installing it. I will also try and camouflage the pipes as much as possible.
                                   
            I now have the second system installed. I will need to install a shutoff valve which I have, so I can use one at a time, or both at the same time. Photo to follow. Do not look at the grass and weeds laying on the ground that I had to remove in an effort to get the pipe installed.
                                   
            Wouldn’t you know it, I get the above ground sprinklers installed, and it rains Wednesday evening! Yep, we had a storm blow through that evening and we received about ¼ inch of rain.
            Why did I do all the work? Never a thank you for all the work one does! You know what I am going to do? I am going to thank myself with a cup of coffee. Finally, a thank you that means something.
            In the last photo taken Thursday afternoon, we see water coming from the sprinkler heads.
                                   
            As my last comment for this wonderful posting I will say, the black berries have almost given up. There are very few on the vines and the birds are taking their share. We got plenty berries this year, according to my spouse of half a century, close to 3 gallons.

Say thank you to yourself, you deserve it!

Senior use to be hippie; Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: