Translate

Sunday, June 30, 2019

Friday, Saturday and Sunday 07/01/2019


            Did you even look at the title line? I am hoping that this posting will cover the three days listed in the title line, if it don’t then I say, “It’s not a big deal”.
            Friday I went to the doctor’s office to allow them to remove some of my blood. I had thought I would go to the coffee place and get a cup of coffee and a breakfast sandwich after leaving the office. There was a small problem, I didn’t have my phone with me, so felling somewhat lost, I decided to go home and make my own cup of coffee.
            Can’t go anywhere and be comfortable without the phone.
            I later jumped in the Ford’s ole Chevy and went to the big store. I purchased some wood that I needed to make the shelf, and I also purchased some blocks for the re-working of the rose bed. I have built the shelf and have painted it but it needs another coat before I bring it into the ole office. In a few minutes I need to go out and unload the blocks for the rose bed but it is so hot I might get sweaty.
            My new cell phone still will only receive from one email address. Maybe I will get it figured out over the weekend.

Saturday morning; it was 6:00 am when I went out to do some work in the back40. I was trying to beat the heat. The rose bush bed needed some additional blocks placed in the border, in an effort to make the bed round rather than oblong. I worked for about 40 minutes and the sweat was almost over whelming.
            Finished with that part of the project, I went to the Ford’s ole garage and put a coat of paint on the shelf. I am hoping to get the shelf painted and installed today.
            While I have been here at the Ford’s ole computer checking emails, I have also tried to get the new phone to receive both of my email address. Not too sure what I did, but I now have both emails working! I must be a genius, or a genuine ass! Let’s see how the rest of the day goes.
            As usual we ventured into Waco for lunch. As I approached the restaurant I realized that my wallet and pocket money was at home. We did not stop at the restaurant, we did drive back home and I then got my wallet. Yep, we then drove back to the restaurant for lunch. The food was good, the server was not.
            Returning home I took a well-deserved nap. Following the nap I jumped from my recliner and dashed out to the back 40 where I retrieved the weed eater and began cutting the weeds. I should tell you it was hot out there cutting the weeds, 95 degrees in the shade, will cause a senior person the sweat a lot.
            When I completed that task, I took a short gator aid break. Refreshed, I jumped out of my chair and ran to the Ford’s ole riding mower, and after checking the oil and adding gas, I began the tedious process of mowing the back 40. After what seemed like hours (actually about 30 minutes) I had completed the mowing. I then put the mower away and staggered to the shed where I secured the building and decided to take a photo (actually two photos). Click to understand part of my daily endeavors!
                       
            In the first photo we see Tres resting, he seem to be as tired as I am. In the second photo we see the revised rose bush bed. I took the photo from a distance as I did not want to get back out in the hot sun.
            I was then instructed to water the flowers, those flowers that were not in the direct sun light, I followed my orders and will go out when the sun goes down and water the remaining plants.
            I did get the new shelf painted and installed today. The shelf already has items placed on it.
            I am eating a sandwich and some chips as I attempt to enter these few words. Saturday is almost over and we have been blessed with a very nice, but hot, day!

It is Sunday, so I guess I will start with a comment about last night. It rained! Yes I heard the thunder as I lay in bed, and I knew it was raining, but I had no idea how much it would rain. Let’s recall that I watered the plants in the back 40 yesterday afternoon. All that time when I was in the extreme heat was squandered, since it rained last evening watering everything I had already watered. We only received 1.5 inches of rain. Can you say, “Wow, that is a lot of rain”?
          When we were getting ready to go out to brunch today I noticed that the Tres had positioned himself on our bed, and seemed to be sleeping. Photo to follow, click to enjoy.
                               
          It is now afternoon and nothing special or out of the ordinary has occurred today. I have decided to finish this brilliant article, then I will make myself an adult beverage and proceed outside. I am going to take a Cuban cigar with me, although I will not smoke the entire cigar, I will light it and take a few puffs off it. What a way to end a day.

Have a safe, productive and cooperative week!

Senior happy hour enthusiast; Sir Donald the Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: