Translate

Saturday, June 1, 2019

Nothing to do 06/01/2019

            Today is Saturday, another day with nothing for me to do. It will likely be the same as yesterday, eat lunch and do very little the rest of the day. Rest filled Fridays are so nice!

            First it didn’t seem like a Friday because the grand kids are out of school, so our schedule changed. Then the grand kids were not at our home as they went to the other grandparents’ house.

            Early Friday morning, Tres and I decided to take some shirts and pants to the cleaners. While on the way we would stop at the teller machine to get enough money for coffee, and then head for the coffee shop. We then returned home.

            Since I had nothing to do, I decided to do a little touch up painting in the Ford’s ole office. It was too hot to do any work outside, so I ate lunch and took a well-deserved nap.

            After the nap I popped up out of the chair and headed for the back yard. I needed to change the oil in the Ford’s ole generator. I knew the generator still had some gas in it from David’s use when their power was out.

            I removed the generator from the shed and that isn’t easy as it weighs 100 pounds. I started the generator and decided to let it run out of gas, then I would change the oil. After about half an hour of running, with no sign of stopping, I decided to get the string trimmer out and trim the grass from around everything in the back yard. This took about 45 minutes.

            The generator was still running when I completer the trimming, it runs a lot longer when it doesn’t have a load.

            Even though it was hot, I decided to get the Ford’s ole riding mower and mow the back yard. The mowing took about 30 minutes and when I finished the generator had stopped running.

            I put a pan under the drain plug and removed the plug. After about 10 minutes I replace the plug and added the fresh oil to the generator. It was a real task for an ole retired senior person to pull the 100 pound generator up the ramp into the ole shed, but I did it.

            All tools put away, I decided to have a cold drink and that is when my favorite wife call me to supper. No cold drink for me.

 

As you can see, nothing to do but rest all day!

 

Senior person of rest; Don Ford


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: