Translate

Wednesday, June 5, 2019

WOW, it was free? 06/05/2019

            You are right, here comes another bunch of BS from the Ford. You know, I shouldn’t even tell my story to someone with that attitude. You don’t know how hurtful it is when a so-called friend has that kind of attitude about me. I think I will take a break and dry the tears from my eyes.                        BS could stand for beautiful story!

            I am back, I had a cup of coffee and I feel much better now. I have a couple topics for today’s sermon, I will start off with the fact it rained today. We actually needed this rain, it is one of those slow easy rains, you know the kind I speak of, it is also known to some of us as a Missouri rain. This kind of rain is light to moderate at times, there is no run off, and it last the whole day. I took the Alex to Cub Scout camp, and left him there in the rain.
            When I returned to Hewitt I went to the dentists for a cleaning. The young lady who cleans my teeth is a talker, and when she came to the lobby to get me I told her I almost canceled this visit. She looked surprised and asked why! I said it is raining! Everyone knows sugar melts in the rain. The other lady who sits behind the desk chimed in saying, at least you don’t float! I laughed, and said your right. I know what at least you don’t float means, but I will not go into that now.
            I got in the chair and she said you are due for x-rays. I have found that is just another way to get money from us customers. The x-rays and cleaning complete, the dentists came in and did a quick check. I was happy that they didn’t want to do any drilling today. The young lady walked me up to the desk and said I will not see you in 6 months, I ask why and she said, I am pregnant! I asked if she knew how getting pregnant happens, she said she did.            I guess I should have said congratulations!
            The lady behind the desk said there was no charge. No Charge I asked, I was very surprised at that comment! She said, your insurance will cover it.         WOW, it was free!             Wow I have insurance.
            Yep, that kind of made my day!

            I observed something today that I had never seen before. As I sat in the garage with the door up, Tres was laying in front of the fan, the rain was light but steady, I saw a sparrow, that is a small bird in case you didn’t know, fly over to a small table that sits next to the ole rocker on the driveway. This little bird had something in its mouth, which it lay on the table, and then the bird flew away. I was seated several feet away and could not see what was laying there. I thought, if this bird had a bug and was taking it to its nest for the babies, why did he leave it there? After a few minutes I went over to the small table. Lying on the table was not a bug, it was bird poop. I believe the bird was cleaning out the bird house. Why didn’t he /she just drop it outside the birdhouse door? Why did he /she carry it to the table?

            Prior to the rain I did take a couple photos that I will share with you.
                       
Click on the photo to enlarge.

Thanks for reading this observational posting!

Senior observer: Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: