Translate

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

The smell of death 06/25/2019

            It was one of those days, you know, the temperature was 97, the humidity felt as if it was over 100%. When I stepped out of the Ford’s ole office into the garage the smell hit me like a small sledge hammer. I thought the smell was being caused by a melon that had been setting on the floor for a couple days. It wasn’t a water melon nor was it a cantaloupe, it was a spaghetti squash. Ok that isn’t a melon but it looked like one. 
            The squash was tossed out and my present wife did a walk around through the entire garage and she found nothing. I got a flash light and looked under the deep freeze but found nothing. I even look in the cats litter box but it was clean.
            Finding nothing, we went on with our daily chores. Later in the day I could not stand that smell, I again began a complete review of the ole garage. I found the problem. It was a dead dove. I retrieved the ole broom and trash picker upper, and as I attempted to sweep the body into the picker upper, the body fell apart. There were maggots all over the body. I reached for the bug spray as we do not need and more flies around the Ford house. The bug spray did not seem to affect the maggots, they were crawling away. I continued sweeping them in to the picker upper and I decided to get the raid bug spray. That worked much better than the bug spray I use for ants.
            I did get the area cleaned up and removed the unwanted smelly things.
Different subject:
            My spouse of 5 decades and I had gone to one of the farm stores Sunday after brunch to get some Tres Food (aka dog food). While we were there we asked about a swing set they had. We learned they had one in a box which meant we could hall it home in the Ford’s ole Chevy. I asked what the price was and I said that is a lot. I was speaking to the manager as I enlighten him that I should get a senior discount, and a military discount, and a first responder discount. He replied that I should get one of those discounts but not three discounts.
            They dropped the price $40.00 so we bought the swing.
            At home I went to work attempting to read the instructions, I reviewed all the parts making sure everything was there for the erection of said swing and frame. My present spouse was assisting me as we attempted to put the frame together. We soon learned that we could not get it together. The top piece, which is the part the swing would hang on, was for lack of a better term, “Twisted”. Each end has a place to attach and bolt the legs on, but being twisted if you were to get all four legs on, one would be off the ground. We tried by attaching the legs on one end, but they could not be attached on the other end.
            The instructions said, “Do not return to store”. We called the vendor and explained the problem. They said they will send us a replacement for the top piece. I asked how long would it take and she said a week to ten days. The top piece must weigh 30 pounds and is a little over five feet long. Now we wait. L
Different subject:
            If you recall I thought I had a bad security camera so I ordered a new one. I then found it was not the camera it was the wiring. I ordered new wire. I had all the parts when the ole DVR decided to stop working.
            I had ordered a new DVR for the security cameras. All day yesterday I waited for the delivery. The tracking stated it was out for delivery at 8:00am. I guess I was kind of anxious and I checked several times but no package. At 8:00 pm I gave up assuming something had happened and we would get it tomorrow. I was lying in bed watching TV when a thought came to me, why was I concerned about the DVR? It is just a project, when, or if it gets done, is not a big deal.
            At 8:30 I went to shut and lock the front door, and there was the box, sitting on the porch. I ask my spouse of 50 years if she had heard the door bell, she had not. I brought the box in and sit it in my chair. I did not open it, I went to bed. I like the idea that most projects are not very important and when I tell myself, “It’s just a project”, the apprehension seems to leave.
            Follow up; the new DVR works much better than the old DVR.
 Different subject:
            On my way home from getting my hair cut, I observed this cloud. I stopped and took a photo. Click on the photo to increase your pleasure.
                                               

If it is, “Just a project”, treat it as such, you may be happier!

Master project manager; Don Ford
                        They could still deliver packages to me earlier!

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: