Translate

Monday, June 10, 2019

Give me a hand 06/10/2019

            Give me a hand he called out, he was waste deep in mud, and was not able to get out on his own. Is this quicksand, he thought? It is like a giant vacuum pulling me down. Help me, give me a hand…
            Now that I have your attention, this posting has nothing to do with mud or quicksand! It does have a photo of my hand, taken by me early one morning.
            It was early, as he walked briskly toward the front door. As usual, the great dog Tres excitedly preceded him to the door. The sun was low over the horizon, the front of the Ford’s homestead was covered with that wonderful morning sun light. As he approached the door he noticed, a single ray of light coming through the peep hole. He placed his hand in front of the hole and, “There was light”, a wonderful color filled light. He had always heard that there was a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, is this man made of gold?     Photo of the light below.
                                   
            This is not the best photo, but in real life the light circle was multi colored, looking like a round rainbow, on his hand.
            Give me a hand is in reference to helping others, such as keeping an eye on their homes when they are out of town. This is something that we here in this neighborhood do for our friends. It seems as if I have two houses to keep an eye on this week. It is good to be needed.
            Changing the subject;
            Apophenia, is the human tendency to perceive meaningful patterns within random data. Can be thought of as the, "unmotivated seeing of connections" accompanied by a "specific experience of an abnormal meaningfulness".       In other words, if a person looks at a cloud and sees a bunny or some other thing in the cloud, that is apophenia. I am good at apophenia!

            My grandson Alex went fishing and would you believe, he caught a 20 pound open mouth bass! The open mouth bass is very rare, and seldom caught. Alex caught one and I have a photo to prove it.     Prepare to be amazed.            Click on the photo and see the truth.
                                               
                                   
            As one can see, I have again told a story that is not only interesting, it is definitely filled with sometimes believable, interpretations.
            On a different subject, one of my security cameras stopped working. I ordered a replacement and when I removed the old camera and replaced it with the new one, it would not work either. I then took both the old and new cameras and hooked them in to the wires of a working camera. Both cameras work! I have determined that the wire is bad. I have now ordered a new wire. I like all the cameras to be working.
            Sunday, I mowed the front yard (no I did not manicure it) and started on the back yard. I was able to get about half of the back yard mowed before the rain came. It rained just enough to make me stop mowing. I should be able to finish the rest of the back 40 today, if the rain stays away.
            You didn’t ask, so I will enlighten. The black berries are still producing with many red berries ready to turn black.

I hope your weekend was as good as ours!

Rested and happy; Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: