Translate

Tuesday, June 4, 2019

In the lead again 06/04/2019

         I am feeling good as I once again have jumped into the lead. This morning after getting Alex off to the Cub Scout day camp, I returned to the ford homestead and mowed the front yard. Seeing me mowing must have inspired the neighbors to get out and mow their yards.

            I want to be truthful so I must confess, the neighbors on both sides of the homestead mowed yesterday. It is supposed to rain tomorrow, so everyone is trying to get it done before the rains return. Another fact, both men that live on either side of us, the two people who mowed their yards yesterday, are named Steve.

            I mowed the yard from the street to the house and back, all in straight lines. I was hoping that it would look nice and I would not need to manicure the yard today. It did not look good, so I went over the yard a second time going from left to right. Now it looks good!

            I had lunch and took my usual nap. Rising from the ole recliner I went to the back yard and planted a flower for my first wife. Then I transplanted two black berries, hopefully they will grow. I then watered most of the flowers in the back yard. Being very observant, I noticed that Tres had made deposits several places in the back 40, I then retrieved said deposits and place them in the trash can.

            I have a small wood project going on so I had to get the table saw out and cut a few boards. I need to stain these boards and then find a way to put them together. 

            I went and picked up Alex from scout camp, he says he had a great day. He has a baby frog that he caught at the camp.

            Lucky me, I get to go to the dentists tomorrow for a cleaning.

            Retirement does not mean you no longer work, it just means you don’t get paid for working.

            Well I guess that is it for now, I think I will go do some staining.

 

If it weren’t for happy hour, what would retired people do?

 

Senior fellow at the Ford Homestead; Don Ford


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: