Translate

Friday, May 31, 2019

Profits are up 05/31/2019

            The other day I decided to check the air filter on the window air conditioner in the Fords ole office. I can’t remember when I had checked it in the past. The filter is a foam filter and it was a little dirty, so I decided to wash it in the kitchen sink. I laid the filter in the bottom of the sink and added some water. I walked away and when I came back, it had discentragated.
            I went on line and found where I could purchase two filters for $12.95 plus about $5.00 shipping. I then decided that the company I use to work for, might have them at a better price. They had them for $1.25 each, nice!
            If you had read a previous post, you would know I had purchased a new TV to be used as a computer monitor. I found that I need a shelf to set the monitor on, which would be set on my desk. I wanted to be able to slip the desktop computer under the shelf, making a lot of room on the desk.
            I decided to purchase a 1x8x72 board and make the shelf. I found that it would cost almost $10.00 for one board. Being on a fixed income, I decided to go out to the fords ole shed and see if there was a couple pieces of scrap wood that I could use for the shelf. There was some scraps, and I grabbed a couple pieces and then made my way back to the ole garage. Using the old scrap wood I would need to modify my plans.
            I sawed some, and then glued a little, and painted a lot. Photo to follow.
                                                                     
            In the photo below, you can see the shelf on the table, kind of like it will be when I get the desk back in here. Scrap wood serving me as well as new wood could.                         Rhyme? 
                                   
            Yes the lap top is under the new shelf and the computer will work with the top closed. That makes a lot more room on my desk. Below photo is almost like the above photo, except the key board is in a position where one could use it.
                                   
            Who knew, an old retired senior, on a fixed income, could have such a nice shelf made from scrap wood. Now if the desk were just back!
            We have a person who is supposed to be here today to give us a bid on replacing the floor for the office. With a new floor we could return my desk and other things back in the office.
            Before you ask, yes, having a dirt floor is very inconvenient and hard to sweep.

No desk, no floor, no money, don’t get ole!

Senior teller if the almost truth; Don Ford

I didn’t say we had a dirt floor, I just said a dirt floor is hard to sweep and clean.

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: