Translate

Sunday, May 12, 2019

Olden days again 05/12/2019

            Yesterday, as I was watching something on TV, there was some type commercial that had a skull of a human with two red eyes. That Skull brought back some old memories. My first car was a used 57 Chevy. It was nothing special but did get me and some friends around town. There was a store in Cape Girardeau name Cousin Fred’s.

            The store had lots of everything in it, and in the very back corner there was accessories so to speak, for cars. They had a plastic skull and it had red lights in its eyes. I purchased a skull and installed it in the back window of the 57 Chevy, facing to the back of the car. I wired the skull into the brake lights, so when I put my breaks on, the eyes would light up at the same time the brake lights did.

                                                           

            I was cool, no one else had a skull in the back window. Probably no one else wanted one!

            I know what you are thinking, “Donnie was way ahead of his time”! You are right, I basically had the first break light in the back window, and now all the new vehicles have a break light in the back window area.

            I guess I am close to being a genius. I will try and not make the rest of you feel bad with all my great thoughts.

 

            Different subject;

            Yesterday I painted a shelf for my wife of half a century. I presented it to her this morning saying we can install it this afternoon. As she looked it over I waited patiently for a comment such as thank you, or nice job, but it did not come. I then asked, “What should you say?” she said we can put it up this afternoon. With tears in my eyes, I staggered out of the room dejected, knowing my work should have been appreciated, but no positive comment of appreciation was made.

 

Keep your expectations low, and disappointment isn’t so bad!

Deflated senior worker; Don Ford


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: