Translate

Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Forced or not it is labor 05/01/2019

               Hopefully, I will post this article and not send it to everyone in error.

            My spouse of half a century decided to remove the wall paper from the bed room, then paint the walls, and paint all the trim. So for that one person who hasn’t any knowledge of all the items in our bed room, it is an equal amount of work to remove all the so-called collectable items from their locations, as it is to remove the wall paper and paint everything. After the painting, everything must be replaced.

            For the last two days my spouse has been working on the bed room and she has allowed me to help. I was told that I have the day off today, it is the day my present spouse goes shopping.

            As of yesterday afternoon we had ¾ of the room complete. Hopefully Thursday afternoon after the cleanup, we will be done and most of the work completed. There are 3 doors that will need to be removed and painted by me. Will this work ever be done?  

            Today is the first day of May, in some areas known as May Day. When I was a little children, we had a thing called, May Day. There was a lot of fun and games at school on May Day. I get May Day off, and wouldn’t you know it, they are predicting heavy rain (2 to 4 inches) and storms today, and the rest of this week.  

            If we get another bunch of rain like we had lately, the grass in the Fords yard will be knee deep before I get to mow again. I know, one of you is thinking, why don’t the Ford get outside and mow today before the rain gets here. Today is rest day!  I need the rest! I need a couple naps!

 

            I can’t understand why people would pay to watch people work at basketball, work at football, work at baseball or work at any so-called sport. Yes I used the word “Work”, because they are not playing! Playing is what the kids and adults do for fun and you do not pay to see them play. If you have to pay to watch them, it is not playing!

            I say all that, to say this. I think watching people like me, taking a nap, should be considered as a sport! You could watch us and not have to pay. They could put us on TV and millions of people could watch! There could be contests to see who could take the best nap! Wow, my mind works in mysterious ways!

 

Napping and enjoying it even more!

 

Senior nap-ologist; Don Ford


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: