Translate

Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Early morning 05/15/2019

            It was early morning and the sun was rising in the east, or was it rising in the west, who knows. I thought I should get a photo with the sun shining on the front of the Homestead. The sun shining through the windows and doors make the rainbow colors on the wall.
                                   
            Allow me to answer a question. Someone wanted to know why I would transplant a six foot tall blackberry. I transplanted a blackberry bush that was about one foot tall last winter, and it is now growing very tall.
            I went to town yesterday to get some oil, air filter and gas stabilizer. The oil and air filter was for the walk behind mower.
            After returning from town I was able to mow the back forty. I then ate lunch and took a nap. When I awoke from the nap I looked at the weather and saw that they were saying rain was almost on us. I went out and grabbed the ole string trimmer and began trimming the grass along the fence and around everything. It took about an hour to get it all trimmed, and as I finished it began to rain. Perfect timing!
            I saw something yesterday afternoon and I thought I would tell you about it. Last year there was a black bird, also known as a Grackle, which was seen in and around our yard. This particular bird had one leg, and he hopped around on the one leg almost as good as the birds with two legs. That was last year. 
            Yesterday afternoon I saw another bird on one leg. I wondered if this happened to be the same bird that I saw last year. If so, then a disability in a wild animal or a bird can be overcome. The one legged bird can fly as good as any other bird. I hope it is the same bird and he/she has adapted to his/her disability.

            There are 10.5 days of school here in Hewitt before summer vacation begins. Summer vacation makes most of the kids happy, but are they necessary now days? A hundred years ago the kids were needed to work on the farms in the summer. That is not the case now days.
            If the kids went year round, most working parents would likely be happy, they would not need to find ways to take care of the kids during summer months. Teachers would be like other employees working year round, would they look for other jobs.
               If the kids went to school year round, they would receive the equivalent of a 12th grade education in 9 years. (Instead of going to school ¾ year, they would go 4/4 year.) One of the nice things would be, “High school kids would not be old enough to drive, in the 9th grade”, so these schools would not need big parking lots for kids cars.
               Kids going to college, after being in school for 9 continuous years, would be 15 years old. Do you think their parents would make their kids go to college closer to home? Wow, College kids get their driver’s license while in college.
               If they graduate from a 2 year college at age 17, who would hire them?
               If they graduate from a 4 year college at age 19, who would hire them?
              
Keep your new idea to yourself, no one likes change!

Senior changeless person; Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mr. Ford, it hurts my brain trying to keep up with your line of thought some times. What is in that tea that you drink in the afternoons?

Maybe you could work for one of those Madison Ave Advertising firms that are so creative?