Translate

Sunday, May 5, 2019

Cinco De Mayo AKA May 5th 2019

            Wow, two special days in a row. First we have May the 4th be with you, and then Cinco De Mayo, things couldn’t get much better.

            Now let’s get back to my world for a moment. Yesterday we went out to lunch and upon returning to the Homestead I immediately went into the painting mode. I removed a door from the bed room and took it to the garage, where I painted it a couple times, and it does look better. I then painted 3 shelves that my spouse of half a century brought to the garage.

            Those items are still in the garage, left there over night to properly dry before re-entering the Homestead.

            My first wife’s plan, I mean our plan for today, is similar to yesterday’s schedule. Lunch, replace door one, remove door two, paint and allow to dry. We also will do some touch up work on areas that may have been missed, or have received less that appropriate paint coverage. After all that, I will be lucky if I am able to crawl to the bed. I might just sleep on the floor, as it would take extra effort to get onto the bed.

            All this painting has depleted the Ford’s emergency fund to near zero. My present spouse will need to put in extra hours going through neighbors recycle bins in an effort to gather enough aluminum cans to replenish the Ford’s emergency fund.

            I am glad it did not rain yesterday, and it isn’t supposed to rain today. It is much nicer for my favorite spouse to rummage through the neighbors trash looking for cans when it isn’t raining, and she usually finds more aluminum cans in dry weather. 

            Well I need to get dressed and take my favorite spouse to brunch, or this wonderful day will never get started.

 

May all your work efforts be voluntary!

 

Senior hostage, I mean volunteer; Don Ford


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: