Translate

Saturday, May 18, 2019

6 inch rain 05/18/2019

            The day started too early for me. It was a Saturday, and I should be allowed to stay in bed until 6:00am. It didn’t happen! Now you are probably trying to get ahead of me thinking, he is going to say the cat and or dog woke him. Nope, I am not going to say that, so please allow me to tell the story without any additional interruptions.

            I awoke early, as I had business which I needed to address. This Saturday is the day to hall off your limbs and other trash. I got dressed and had a cup of coffee. As I sat there thinking about hauling the limbs it came to mind, that I would need to tie down the limbs. Finishing the cup of coffee, I found my way out to the Ford’s ole trailer, which was attached to the Ford’s ole Chevy. I secured the limbs, check the lights and made sure the trailer was properly attached to the truck.

            I made another cup of coffee to accompany me on the 5 minute trip. I decided to leave the homestead at 6:45 hoping to be one of the first in line. When I arrived there were about ten trucks, some with trailers, in front of me.

            At 7:00 they started accepting the vehicles. The dumping process was uncoordinated, I could have come up with a better plan. When I left, the line of vehicles wanting to dump items was so long, I could not see the end of the line. I would guess easily 50 vehicles in line.

            When I arrived home, I decided to sweep the trailer and get it parked in the back yard before it rained. As I was sweeping the trailer it began to rain, this rain turned out to be a 6 inch rain. The drops of rain when they hit the driveway, were 6 inches apart, thus a 6 inch rain!

            I am proud to say, the trailer is parked in its normal spot, the drive way is swept, and the rain has not yet begun. What a nice beginning to a Saturday.

            My Spouse of half a century and I had lunch and then she went to a grocery store. We returned home and I was forced to take a nap. After an appropriate amount of time with my eyes closed, I wondered out back to look at the blackberries. A bird had one of my small ripe berries and there are several half ripe that should be ready tomorrow. As I wondered around the back forty, it began to sprinkle rain on this senior’s body. Knowing how sweet I am, and that I would melt if I got too wet, I headed back inside.

            The thunder is almost continuous but it doesn’t seem too close, and the rain is very hard. We have received a little over half an inch of rain in the last half hour, it had let up some, but is raining hard again. Do we need the rain, that is not important, we get it, needed or not.

 

A rainy afternoon at the Fords!

Senior sweetie: Don Ford


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: