Translate

Saturday, May 26, 2018

Would you believe 05.26.18

               As a devoted reader of these extremely interesting, and should I say more than informative articles, you have without a doubt noticed that I occasionally make comments based on my extraordinary ability to observe, and understand people and situations. Naturally, after I observe something that I know would be interesting to anyone, even those who do not read my wonderful literatures, I then proceed with commentary which is pure factual information.

               All that said, would you believe someone has commented to me, “Your blogging is nothing more than a journal that you keep, allowing others to read, and is not informative, but simply an opinionated report from the mind of someone who is close to, but not quite a genius. (I might have made those last 5 words up.) 

               The individual, who will go unnamed, but you know who you are, was a good friend for years. We did not work together, but in similar work settings. We talked mostly via phone, at least weekly, and I always thought my comments and opinions were accepted as truths or at least what I truly believed.

               This individual, seldom challenged my commentary, and I returned the favor by listening to them and not being critical, even when their points of view were often, completely wrong. Now that our relationship has nothing to do with work, in other words, this past friend no longer needs an ally in the business world, and finds it fun to critique in should I say, in a very critical manner, most if not all of my articles!

               Do you have any idea how hurtful it is to find that a person, you once considered as a best friend, now believes your reporting is nothing more than, “A journal”? I will not elaborate on how the tears came to my eyes when I read the comments from an ex-friend! Would you believe that I even considered giving up my blog, and keeping all my writings to myself?

               Then it came to me, if I stopped the blog posting, keeping all my views away from you wonderful readers, all I would have is a journal. I gave this some consideration and decided that my posting, although wonderfully written and truthfully informative, they are just my journal. My ex-friend has now been reinstated and is again a good friend!

         The above was all made up from the mind of Reverend Ford! I started off with, “Would you believe” and that is your key to know I am going to exaggerate a little, or a lot! I do however consider my blog kind of a journal and hope it is occasionally interesting. I didn’t have anything to write about so I made this up!

 

Thank you for putting up with me!

 

Don Ford


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: