Translate

Thursday, May 10, 2018

Painting again 05.10.18

               As the title states, I was painting again yesterday. As usual I took the Gabi to school and then I returned home and changed into some different clothing as I had an appointment. The appointment was with the dentist, supposedly for a cleaning. The cleaning went well, and they said I should have the total around X-ray that was another $70.00, which I declined. The dentists found two teeth with bad fillings that needed to be replaced. A filling is $157.00 each.

               It seems to me that dentists along with many other businesses need to consider the so-called customer and price their service or product in a manner where they make a profit and not alienate the paying customer.  It is bad enough when someone has insurance to help pay, but those of us who have no insurance…     was I complaining, sorry, excuse a poor senior on a fixed income for stating his unfortunate   situation.         Your non-tax deductible donations should be sent to the usual P.O. Box, Thanks   

 

               Yesterday, I was again forced in to a labor intensive situation. My present wife suggested that I could remove some doors from the hall way, take them to the garage and paint them. I did. A coat of paint on both sides and some time to dry, I then returned them to their home location where they look outstanding. Possibly I should note that my first wife had painted the trim in the hall way which was more difficult then painting the doors, as part of the painting was completed while sitting or crawling on the floor.

               Before no one askes, yes the hallway is looking good. Today, after I get my hair cut, I will remove two more doors from said area, the bath room door and the door to the inside air conditioning / furnace. These two doors will be painted and as I understand it the inside of the front door will also be painted today.

               The yard needs to be mowed and possibly I may get to it today. I had thought about putting it off until Friday (tomorrow) but we will be going out to Alex’s field day during the morning hours.

               I suggest you become rich so you can pay others to do all this kind of work, or not retire. Either way you may be able to have others do your work while you supervise / manage the projects!

 

Feel sorry for those on a fixed income!

Don Ford

 

No comments: