Translate

Friday, May 11, 2018

As I was motivating 05.11.18

                              The first part of this posting was written on Thursday morning.
               The old song begins something like this, “As I was motivating over the hill, I saw Maybelline a Coop Deville”.
               Well, I was driving up a hill as Gabi and I headed for school. There was this north end of a south bound horse, walking along the edge of the street, during the heaviest traffic period of the morning. This Horse’s butt could have waited 10 minutes and school would have started and the traffic would have been minimal.              
               This person had a leaf blower and was supposed to be cleaning up after he or someone had mowed and edged the midway school yard. This person was blowing the grass and other dirt particles not back up onto the property where it came from, but back out into the street were we were driving. It was an irritant when I first saw him as he was on the other side of the street. On my return trip to the Ford Homestead I was on the same side of the street as this non-caring white trash person, and that is when I noticed he had a black handkerchief looking item over his face. Possibly he was going to rob a bank or something.
               This pile of trash was still blowing the grass and debris out onto the street so I saluted him with the one finger wave.
               If you are going to do a job, do it right! If you hire someone to do the job, be sure they are going to do it right!    
               Well I got that off my chest I feel better now. I think I will go get my hair cut. Yes you are correct, all the ladies will want to put their hands on me once my hair is manicured! Handsome is something I live with!

                                             Today is Friday as I finish this posting!

               Yesterday (Thursday), we finished painting, I hope.             I went for my hair cut, and at the Star place got a cup of coffee, then I removed two more doors and painted them. After they had dried I returned them to their openings.     All those doors will get new door knobs.   After bringing the Alex home from school, I went outside and mowed the yard, front and back. I, knowing my limitations, decided I would do the trimming later, possibly this afternoon (Friday).
               We went to the field day at school today, camera in hand.   Alex and his school mates had a lot of fun at the field day. Donna and I are tired from being on our feet for hours.


Above we see, Black berries before they become black, I guess they are green berries!
I also thought I would include a photo of the Homestead, taken early in the morning. Click to enjoy.
              



May your weekend be enjoyed by you, and the family!

Don Ford

No comments: