Translate

Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Installation complete 05.09.18

               Another article about air conditioning. This is a follow up to yesterday’s story. Obviously if you haven’t read yesterday’s outstanding and informative story, then stop reading this one and go read the previous posting. Always read these master pieces in the order they were written, and you will not only enjoy, you will also be enlightened.

               I have told you about the water in the carpet, I did not tell you how dirty it was. I told you the supervisor came out and redirected the water disbursal from the cooling coils. We (meaning I) vacuumed the carpet in an effort to get as much water out as possible.

               The area that was wet was only about 18 inches by 48 inches. I left a fan blowing on the carpet which helped, and the fact that the air conditioner was now working properly, helped remove the water over night.

               The supervisor came out yesterday morning (Tuesday) and began fixing a lot of the problems his workers had missed.

               He added an additional return vent, increasing the air flow to the cooling system.

               He removed the copper pipe that had been installed in our attic by his team.

               He replaced the drain pipe they had removed and connected it to the unit.

               He dug a small trench, placed a piece of 4 inch pipe in it, and added rocks making a French drain.

               He then ran the drain pipe into this drain so we no longer have water dripping on the ground.

               He patched the hole in the wall that had been put there by his team.

               I will put some paint on the repaired area.

               As far as we know, all is working properly now.

               As if that wasn’t enough, my spouse of 49 years started painting the hall way and I was forced into helping. I had to do all the high work, and my legs are tired from stepping up and down, on and off the step stool. The walls are now painted and now I have been informed that I will remove the doors, and they will be painted in the garage, while the trim work is being painted.

               Tired and old, this senior would hire the work done if I wasn’t on a fixed income. Speaking of money, I haven’t paid for the air conditioner yet. I am sure they will send me a bill.

               Alex’s field day is this Friday!  

 

May you win the lottery and give part to me!

Don Ford

No comments: