Translate

Saturday, May 12, 2018

Difficult to do 05.12.18

               It was somewhat difficult to do, and I will miss it on occasion, but I think I did the right thing.
               Well over a quarter of a century had passed since I was without one, actually it is over 35 years since I have been without. No, you know I have been married 49 years and I am not without a wife and mother to my children! With mother’s Day being tomorrow, how could you come up with something like that, ridiculous! How you could even think of something like that is beyond me. I guess the class of my reading public may not be at the high level I have thought it was. Consider this, if I were without a wife, I would not have any one to feed me, and I would be skinny. Now we all know I am not skinny, so I am not without a wife!
               I was somewhat worried about this meeting as this person had called and later canceled and then called again a week later and reschedule the meeting. I wasn’t too worried at first but when he said he was a couple hours away, I began to wonder. Why would someone that far away want to drive over here for a meeting? Also he did not want to go into Waco, so I suggested we could meet at the HEB. He said he would call me from Gatesville, TX which is about 30 minutes away from Waco, then I would have time to come to the HEB for the meeting.
               When he called back and changed the meeting day to Saturday I began to wonder. He also said they would arrive on motorcycles. Are they part of a motorcycle gang? I woke up several times Friday night wondering if this was some type setup, and if so how would I handle it.
               I even asked the retired Cop that lives a couple houses away if he would have the time to go with me. He was getting ready to leave town and could not go.
               My wife was willing to go, and I asked her if she would drive the Ford’s Chevy as it has a high definition camera which could record the entire meeting. She agreed and this was the first time she has driven the pickup since we purchased it almost three years ago.
               We arrived at the meeting point, parked the pickup so the camera could record it all. The four of them arrived on two Gold Wing trikes. Three of them were older than me, the fellow that purchased the bike was younger them me. We talked and they looked, I showed them some of the bike’s niceties.
The photo below is from the camera in the pickup.

He purchased the bike without riding it. We did the paper work, and they handed me the money in cash which I carried over to Donna and as I handed it to her I asked her to count it. I retrieved a bag from the pickup which has some accessories for the bike and we went through the bag together.
               I wished them good luck, and they rode off. I saved about six hundred dollars as I will not need to purchase insurance, or a license and inspection next month.

Does anyone know of a bike for sell?
I mean have a nice Mother’s Day!

Don Ford

No comments: