Translate

Thursday, May 24, 2018

Thursday what to do? 05.24.18

               Completely off schedule. That statement is very true for us at the Ford Homestead. We have been off schedule for a couple weeks now and it has not stopped yet. You did not ask why we are off schedule, so I will enlighten, even though you don’t want to know the reasons.
               One reason is that school is almost over for the year, and we have made or will make, a couple schedule changes for yearend activities.
               Second reason and the largest reason is, the painting project we have undertaken here at the Homestead. It still isn’t done!
               We even had the refrigerator repairman out yesterday (yes he was a man thus the term repairman). Now that I have stalled on the subject of the “Ice Box”, we had to remove everything from the unit including the freezer portion at the bottom and the repairman found nothing wrong with the unit.
               I almost hate to say it but I am old enough to remember the ice man delivering ice (not to our house) and he wore a leather shoulder and back protector which help protect his back and shoulder from the ice blocks. Don’t ask I will explain, he used ice thongs to pick up and carry the ice over his shoulder. Would you believe that is a photo of me and the ice man when I was a children?             I wouldn’t!

               I should inject into my commentary, the reasons for being off schedule are not a problem, they just mess up the normal schedule which, I as an elderly citizen, happen to enjoy! Routines and schedules, like taking one’s nap after lunch, make a senior person’s life more stable.
               We still have work to do on the second bed room which will keep us off schedule for a few more days. We will go out to Alex’s school this afternoon for the second grades award ceremonies. This is a pleasant way to be off schedule. Tomorrow school is only half a day so we will need to get kids at noon o’clock. Again a slight change in schedules. 
               What was wrong with the fridge? That is your question? It made a noise when the compressor ran. Sometimes the noise was loud and other times it was not. The repairman thought it was a fan motor that may have ice on it. There was no ice on the fan.
               I have been messing around with an old windows phone that I use to use. In truth, I like it better than the phone I have now which is an android. The one thing the android has that I really like is the power button is on the back. With the windows phone the power button is on the side and every time I picked it up it came on. That doesn’t happen with the android.
               The old phone is not set up to make calls, but is still works off the Wi-Fi. I can find things on the internet and I can still use it for email. I can take it anywhere and use it as a camera.  I found a bunch of photos on the old phone, and I took a test photo today using the ole phone, see below.

               In the photo it appears that you can save up to $700 this weekend. Yes there is a small American Flag, and to the truly observant there are dog tags hanging near the flag. No, not tags for the dog, they are the dog tags the military personnel would ware.
               What’s in the three ring note books? They are filled with my writings, and yes I know no one reads things on paper, these writings and others are also on thumb drives and computer.
                              Well, I need to get off my normal schedule and get to work.
               Later Dude or Dudet. 

Things are nice when you stay on schedule!

Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: