Translate

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Mother-in-law tongue 05.16.18

            In the photo below you will see what is known as, “Mother-in-law tongue”. Google it if you don’t believe me! These plants came with us from Missouri decades ago. Part of this old plant look as if they are growing properly while some parts look kind of bad. Click it or not, your choice.

 I have a question, why are they known as smart phones. Now I am not attempting to say they are not smart devices, after all, one can send and receive email, text messages, look up anything from the internet, watch TV on them, take photos and so on! My question is not why are they called smart, but why are they call phones? Who makes calls on the smart phone?
            Now that I have said that, I did see a senior citizen walking down our street yesterday talking on his smart phone. I called out to him saying, I didn’t know you could make calls on those things. Would you believe, he looked at me as if I was mentally unhinged?
Even though I may be somewhat unhinged, I would not believe that either, he actually laughed and waved to me.  

            In the above photo, did you see anything living on the mother in laws tongue? The following photo is a little closer and you may be able to see the lizard I have named Fred.    Click for a closer look at, “The Fred”! 

            The CEO here at the Ford Homestead has been continuing her project of painting, along with the forced labor of this senior person. Can you imagine being force to get on your hands and knees, and then painting the trim molding at carpet level? There are items still in the room and the amount of space for a body to crawl around in is nominal. If I could get The Alex to do this work, it would save my old body from much strain and pain.
            I was also told to order new door knobs for all the inside doors. These knobs have become ugly over the almost 4 decades of occupation here at The Ford Homestead. The installation of these door knobs should not be too difficult, but I will need to work on two of these doors in an effort to make them open and close more easily.

            I have learned to say, “Yes Mam”, and do what I am told to do! I learned a long time ago, listening, properly responding, will help me to continue being feed!



Look around and enjoy nature!

Don Ford

No comments: