Translate

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Holidays are for those who 05.29.18

               It seems to us here at the Ford Homestead, “Holidays are for those who work outside the home”, in other words those who work for compensation (aka pay).

               Today is Tuesday and the holiday is over. I hope you and your family enjoyed the day off and were safe in all you didn’t do. Here at the Ford Homestead there was no time off, it was work, work, work, all day for my first wife. She had put a brisket in the oven where it stayed all night, basking in its own body fluids. That means there was some fat in the brisket which enhanced the taste of the brisket.

               The brisket is a cut of meat that is considered as a lesser cut. My present spouse is an excellent cook, and she knows how to make this brisket so tender that it falls apart when you try to place it on your plate. She puts a few onions in with the brisket which adds flavor. She also knows which spices to add to the meat, causing one (me) to go beck for seconds. If I have been going on about this brisket, it means I liked it!

               The noon meal also had potato salad, ranch beans with jalapenos in them, a broccoli salad, and of course rolls. My wife worked at this all morning without any rest. We did stop for the noon repast. Then Donna went to work painting in one of the bed rooms and while she was working I went to town. As you can see there is no rest at the Ford Homestead.

               As my present spouse was painting, a friend arrived which caused my spouse of 49 years to stop her work. These interruptions did delayed the completion of her work, but after the friend collects some brisket and other items of food, she left, allowing my present spouse to return to her duties. I was so tired by this time, all I wanted to do was take a nap.   

               Finally, late in the afternoon my hard working spouse had finished her painting and other chores. She then went to the shower to relax for a moment, but a second friend arrived. My first wife and her friend came outside where I was setting, and we all talked for a while. After a pleasant conversation the second friend was allowed to gather some food items prior to her leaving the Homestead. Have you noticed a pattern here, gathering food items before they leave?

               At last, my first wife had some time to sit in the Ford’s ole recliner and relax. As you can see, there is continual work at the Ford Homestead.

 

After all that, I badly needed a nap!

 

Don Ford


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: