Translate

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Dry or wet 05.22.18

               Silly Grandpa enjoys being silly! The other day Alex and I were on our way home from school, and as usual we were conversing. I asked what he did over the weekend. He thought for a moment then responded, we went to Nana’s house and went swimming. (Nana is the other grandmother and they have a very nice in ground swimming pool.) I asked, did you get wet when you went swimming? Alex responded, “You always get wet when you go in swimming”! I asked, “Are you saying there is no dry water”? Alex said very sternly, “There is no dry water”!

               I then stated, “Ice is made from water”. Alex agreed that ice is made from water. I paused a moment then stated, “There is Dry ice, so Dry ice must be made from Dry water”! Alex thought a second and then stated, “Dry ice is not made from Dry water, and it is made of chemicals, not water”.

               I do enjoy arguing with a second grader. I guess he will be in the third grade after this week as it is the last week of school.

 

               Different subject; we had another nice shower last evening, it was short but plentiful.

               There is a holiday coming next Monday and our weather man (yes he is a male and as such may be referred to as a weather man) has stated that Memorial Day is the unofficial start to summer. He went on to say, this year it may be the official start to summer as we are expecting temperatures in the mid-90s over the weekend and through the holidays.

 

               Today I plan to finish installing this new anti-virus which there are components I like and not like. Then I need to remove, paint, add new door knobs and reinstall two closet doors. If time allows and I have had my timely nap, I will install additional door knobs to previously painted doors. Yes you are correct, it is a lot of work for a retired senior citizen. If we weren’t on a fixed income we could hire others to do this work but…

 

May your labor be rewarded, not forced!

 

Don Ford


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: