Good morning to you and that other person too.
Yesterday’s events: As usual I took Alex to school, and when I returned to the homestead, I took a nap.
Allow me to comment on the reason for the nap. My dog woke me up at 3:30am as he needed to go outside. I was back in bed by 3:45 and at 4:30 he woke me up again. I took him to the back door, and he went out but did not leave the porch as it was thundering off in the distance. He came back in and we both sat in the TV room with the cat Molly as neither of them liked the thunder.
Later in the morning my favorite wife and I decided to go out for breakfast, we both had ham and cheese omelets and they were very good, along with good service. Back at home I did some reading in the bible and after a short rest period I read some from the Charlie Kirk book. Other than reading most of the day I sat around doing very little as I did not want to go out in the heat and work.
We did go out for our usual Thursday evening supper, also known as date night, and we had supper with Larry and Janice. Now this was not as usual, we had to wait about 15 minutes to be seated even though there were tables available. We are not sure why there were so many people there at that time of the day, as we go early to avoid the crowds.
I should inform you of the amount of water in the rain gage from yesterday morning’s rain, it was a little less than ¼ inch. Any amount of rain is better than none.
Today if it is cloudy this morning, I might go out to the black berry bed and attempt to remove the dead vines along with some weeds. I do not intentionally work in the sun. I also want to get Alex to school safely and on time and I should attempt to go to the grocery store for a couple of items. As you can see, ole people have things to do, but will they do them.
It is time to stop this data entry and consider a cup of coffee. We pray that you have a blessed day and that we all stay safe in all we do. We are keeping you in our prayers.
Don the Ford
No comments:
Post a Comment