Translate

Sunday, August 23, 2026

August 23, 2026

                Good Sunday morning to you, it is supposed to be extremely hot today so be careful if you go outside.  

                As most everyone knows, my favorite wife and I set outside most afternoons, and while we are outside, I have noticed that there is an occasional leaf floating high in the sky and they have a tendency to fall in my sight. I have a photo of one of those leaves, and I have a photo of a tall tree that these leaves sometimes fly over before coming to the ground.


               My questions are; where does the dried-up leaf come from, and how does it get that high in the air?

                Yesterday’s main events in chronological order: we went to Arby’s for lunch. We went to the hardware store where I purchased $45.00 worth of items all for my favorite wife, I got nothing. Back at home after a rest period, we went outside to set. A friend came over to sit with us and brought a bottle of wine, which she and my favorite wife consumed. Main topics of discussion was the heat, the need for rain and our aches and pains.   

                Different topic, as I had noted on the 21st, Tres had received some chew sticks and he enjoyed them. Well, yesterday I decided to give him one, so I took him out in the back yard and gave him the stick. He seemed very happy as usual, but he did not start chewing on the stick, instead he started walking around the yard with the stick in his mouth. I stepped inside and watched him. He was trying to find a place to hide the chew stick. It took him some time, but he did go to a flower bed and dug a hole and then covered the chew stick with dirt. I guess it is saved for a later day when he is hungry.

                Today we will likely go to the cracker store for lunch. No big plans other than that for today.

                Note: our son Patrick and his wife Karla bought a new pickup truck yesterday. The old truck had lots of problems, and it was about 13 years old.

                Ok, that is it for now my old body needs to rest from all this data entry. We hope you have a blessed day and that we all stay safe in all we do. Yes, you are in our prayers!

                Donnie the Ford


No comments: