Translate

Tuesday, April 23, 2019

On my knees again 04/23/2019

            You are correct if you thought, well his favorite spouse forced him to work again. Yesterday, my wife of half a century strongly suggested that a weed filled flower bed, one of two that had not been cleared, should be cleaned out. Would you believe, it was suggested that there would be no lunch or supper if the flower bed was not cleared?

            I got my gloves and a couple other tools and proceeded to get down on my ole knees. After a short prayer I began pulling the weeds. I remember thinking yesterday morning, it was a good day for weeding the flower bed as it was cloudy and cool. I began the labor and after almost 5 minutes the sun broke through the clouds. I then acquired a long sleeved shirt and hat, to keep the sun off.

            I put about 2 hours into that project. It wasn’t easy work as there were rose bushes with big thorns. I was able to get the flower bed cleared of most of the weeds, (there were no weeds, it was all Saint Augustine grass that was invading the flower bed) and I also picked up the weeds that my first spouse had pulled out of the other flower bed. Now all flower beds have been weeded, it is time to go back to the first flower bed and start over. It is a never ending process.

            After all that work, I was allowed to have lunch.            

            The grand kids are back in school today so we are back on our regular schedule. Since I have to start the Ford’s ole Chevy to take Gabi to school, I might just venture forth to the star coffee shop for an expensive cup of coffee. I will not spend my own money there, but I will accept gift cards to use there, thusly I am using someone else’s money.

            Different subject; Crazy people! Yesterday as I was sitting on the Ford’s ole rocker near the garage door on the driveway, I observed a tall clean looking female subject. This female had what appeared to be a black sleeveless shirt and blue jean shorts. The white skin on her arms and long legs stood out. I, naturally observed this person as she does not live in this neighborhood. During my observations I noticed that she was carrying a purse, you know the kind, with a long strap that fits over her shoulder.

            This female subject was walking and talking, her arms and hands were moving as if she was in a conversation with someone who could see her. I assume she had ear buds in and I also assumed she was using a phone, conversing with someone.

            There are people occasionally walking in our area to get a little exercise, but they never carry a purse. Now I wonder what she had in the purse. Could she be just an odd ball, did she have her protection in the purse (gun) or was she looking for small packages to steal from porches. I think the gun is most likely as she was drawing too much attention to herself to be a thief.

Walk and drive while off the cell phone!

Senior master detective and observer; Don Ford




AVG logo

This email has been checked for viruses by AVG antivirus software.
www.avg.com


No comments: