Translate

Sunday, April 28, 2019

Saturday 04/27/2019

            Today is Saturday and most of you will be able to relax and take wonderful naps, while this senior citizen works his fingers to the bone. Before that one person opens his mouth again, when I say, “working my fingers to the bone,” I am not referring to typing this soon to be wonderful and informative article! I am referring to real physical work!
            Yesterday, my neighbors did it again! Yep, they mowed their yards without conferring with me. How can I lead this group if they don’t confer with me? That means I will need to mow both the front and back yards today, and possibly get the string trimmer out and trim everything. That will be real work on a day that I should be relaxing with my spouse of half a century.
            Also happening yesterday, I cleared off the second half of the ford’s ole work bench, which wasn’t easy, and painted it white. I tossed out several items also known as junk which made some room. As I was finishing up work about 5:00pm, a good friend pulled up on his motorcycle. Before anyone comments, some of us ole senior citizens do have friends. We sat outside talking for about two hours.
            Well I am going to take a break from this computer now, if I am able later today, I will inform you of any progress made.
                        I am back!
            My first wife and I went out to lunch and not only was the food good the service was excellent.
            Returning home I began the demanding task of manicuring the front yard. Yes I did the normal double mow and the yard looks excellent. Tired from the walking, I staggered to the back yard where I used the walk behind mower to get in close to some areas, as I did not want to get the string trimer out.
            After all that tedious work I was able to pull myself onto the Ford’s ole riding mower. Would you believe, I rode that mower for 6 hours, and I was able to cut all the grass on the back 40?
            I did struggle putting the ole riding mower away, but through much perseverance, I did get it parked and covered with the tarp.
            Even though my body was hurting, I decided to try and plant the first wife’s, rose bush. Shovel in hand I dug that hole, even though the dirt was more or less mud, due to all the rain we have had. Wouldn’t you know, after digging the hole and after Tres had inspected it, I then had to carry that massive rose bush from the driveway all the way out to the back 40. On my hands and knees I struggled to get the plant into the hole. I then had to put the super wet dirt in the hole around the plant and push it down to get all the air pockets out.
            Would you believe, I have no idea how I was able to get back to the garage, but I found myself standing in front of the ole work bench.
            I had heard that having a cup of coffee, after one has worked or exercised to an extreme, was beneficial and would help reduce the amount of pain that one feels. I had a cup of coffee!
            The coffee must have been inspirational, as I jumped from the Fords ole rocking chair and dashed almost 10 feet into the garage where I decided to put together a shelf, for the second half of the ole work bench. I was able to get together some old wood for this soon to be shelf. It would have been nice had I not been retired and on a fixed income, I could have bought new fresh wood for the shelf.
            Once the shelf was put together I painted it white. I then waited about 30 minutes more and put a second coat of paint on the shelf. It occurs to me, someone might ask why I used white paint on the work bench and the two shelves. One would assume that white paint makes it easier to see items that one drops such as a small screw. Even though that is true, I used white paint because that is what I had left over from a project a couple years ago. “If you don’t toss stuff out, you might be able to use it later”. That is the motto of all Hoarders
            A little after 5:00 a neighbor came over and we sat there in the rocking chairs complaining about the work we had done and all the projects that are left to do.

May your Saturdays be full of fun and much rest!

Senior non-stop laborer; Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: