Translate

Thursday, April 25, 2019

Olden days 04/25/2019

            During my short visit to the Show Me State, I received some items from my mother and Father’s past. One of the items is a certificate that indicates my Dad did not miss and was not late at his school. I have scanned it and will show you the results. Click to enlarge.
                                        
            The certificate was issued May 20, 1914. For that math impaired person, 1914 was 105 years ago. The school was Rock Levee School in Cape Girardeau County. I have no idea where Rock Levee School was at.
            I understand, the above is probably interesting only to the Ford clan.
            Wednesday afternoon I checked the rain gage, while it was still raining. There was 3 inches of water in the rain gage. The water was running down the street curb deep. Our back yard looked like a duck pond, without the ducks.
            This morning I checked the rain gage again and it has 4.5 inches of water. Today the sky is clear and we are supposed to have sun shine all day, the back yard no longer looks like a duck pond. At one point yesterday, the water in our back yard was literally running down into the neighbor’s back yard, and their yard looked like a duck pond.    Rain gage photo to follow.
                                                                                     
  
            When I picked up Alex yesterday afternoon at school, it was raining. He got into the Ford’s old Chevy and said he liked rainy days. I commented that they were ok, but I like the sunny days too. Alex then asked, “Did you have a good day”? I replied, “Yes, thanks for asking.” Now I normally ask him if he had a good day, I think it is nice when a 9 year old asked if someone has a good day.    He’s a Ford!

            I cleared out some of the items in the Ford’s ole garage yesterday and now I can get to the so-called work bench without climbing over other items. Nice! Now I need a project.

            There was a commercial on the Ford’s ole TV a couple minutes ago and I observed it. It was a commercial for a truck line. In the trailer there was two people loading cartons. One fellow picked up a carton from a pallet took a couple steps and handed it to the other fellow who then placed it on another pallet. I thought, there is no way I would do business with that company if they truly worked like that. I also thought, I could very quickly show them how to properly load a trailer and save money. I guess it is a good commercial for those who have no idea what real work looks like. If a company wants to be productive and safe, hire people who can do the job, not based on race, sex or any of the other categories. Find leaders who have done the work and have an education. Education alone will not provide the desired results. 
            Wow, I can get side tracked easily!

I hope your day is filled with opportunities!

Senior work-ologist; Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: