Translate

Monday, September 17, 2018

It was time to Diet 09.17.18

            Did my doctor say I should lose a few pounds? Who knows, I haven’t seen my doctor in the past 4 visits? My doctor works one day per week at the office that I use, he works at another clinic the rest of the time. The last time I was supposed to visit him, they called and said he had an emergency, not his patient, but he had an emergency. I assume he is ok, but I have not seen him. The other doctors seem to be doing their jobs, but they have not told me to lose weight, even though I know I should.
            I have a photo of a single rose that bloomed on one of the bushes that I have cut back. Click to smell the flower!
                                                            

            The company I retired from had an employee appreciation meeting last evening. The Hors d’oeuvers were good, and I am glad I had several. In the beginning there was no napkins on the tables. They had ice water on the tables for everyone but no ice tea. They gave everyone a free drink card which you could use for an adult beverage or a regular beverage.
            There was a buffet for the food and the food was supposed to be BBQ. They had chicken breast sliced very thin, possibly a ¼ inch thick. They had sausage and something that looked like bacon. I later learned that the meet that looked like bacon was brisket sliced ultra-thin. They had ribs which were ok, if you had enough sauce on them. The sausage was good, they could not screw it up.
            If you wanted a glass of tea with your supper you had to ask for it. If one was to say, “The food was less than enjoyable”, they would be right.
            It was time for the entertainment. The General Manager announced that the bar would be closed in a couple minutes. That did not work, about a half hour later the bar was closed. They had entertainment, a magician, he was ok.
            Where I sat there was a leak of some type. Water was dripping from the roof onto the floor and occasionally I could feel the splash.
            Let me change the subject!
            As I was observing the back 40, I happened to look up into one of the large trees in the back yard, and there is a limb that is broken. That in itself doesn’t sound too bad but, this limb just happens to be over the Ford Homestead’s hot house. The end of the broken limb is resting on another limb. At some point it will fall and it appears to me that it will fall on the hot house.
            It is probably less expensive to let the limb fall and take out the hot house, than it would be to pay the tree trimmers to come and remove it. I will need to consider this situation and form a proper answer to the situation. I could get my son to help me move the hot house as it is very light. The house is secured in place and I would need to remove those restraints, then we could move it. First I need to see if I can get to the limb with my pole saw.
            Let me change the subject, again!

            Our dog Tres has been eating a lot and he needed to be put on a diet. I asked the vet what to do and he said, feed him less each day. Wow that was a smart statement! He went on to say, if Tres begins to lose weight then increase a little until you find the right amount to feed him daily. Also we were not to give him food that we have left over from our meals. Tres likes steak, chicken, fish, spam, and he likes sweet potatoes, if they are cooked (yes we eat spam). We may be on a fixed income, but we can afford to splurge and have a can of spam once in a while!
            We decided to cut the Tres’ food back a little, but it didn’t seem to help so we cut him back a lot. We were wondering if he has been getting food from the neighbors, or maybe he is killing squirrels and rabbits and eating them. Where ever he has been getting his food, he was not losing any weight. We cut him way back and finally he begin to lose some of that excess weight. I have a photo of the Tres now that he has been on this diet. Photo of Tres to follow, see if you can tell that he has lost weight.

Below we see Tres at one of his favorite locations to urinate. Why do dogs pick certain locations and go there every time. Fat or skinny, dogs are like humans, they are habitual characters.

            For that one person who believe that is really Tres, I have another photo showing that Tres is doing well and has not lost any weight. Click to enhance.

            Would you believe, the dog skeleton was found on a country road and I brought it home so Tres could have a playmate? OK, what if I said we purchased the plastic skeleton and it is a Halloween item. His eyes light up, his mouth opens and shuts as he growls and barks. Tres will occasionally bark back at him.

May your diet be effective!

Keeper of the less that fatted dog; Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: