Translate

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Broke, may need to move 09.18.18

            If you ever get old and on a fixed income, you may understand what I am describing in this article. I hate to say it, but we will likely have to move in the near future! One of the problems in moving is where do we move to? Then if you find a good location for the move, consider all the items you have, that also have to be moved! When you find the new location for your move, who is going to do all the work in the move, and we know there is a lot of junk, I mean items (my wife gets upset when I say junk) to be moved.
            I have discussed this with my son David and he offered some suggestions as to the move, he didn’t state that he would help but I think he will.
            How long will it take, and can we even do it? I guess I will start by moving some items into storage and preparing for the actual move. I do not know when the actual move will occur, it kinda depends on the weather, we have had some cool weather and that kind of got me started, but the weather is back to the mid-90s again.
            Fall is supposed to be here this weekend, and we are climbing back into the mid-90s, crazy! I have reset the lawn sprinklers from 3 days per week down to two days. I do shut the system off when we get rain as we did last week.
            I have decided to move and store some items in the ole fort. No, not FortD”, how do you know about Fort DFort D is back in Missouri and it is located across the street from May Green School. Fort D is a real fort and was there for protection of the population. There were other forts but we lived close to Fort D. All the kids in the neighborhood have played there in the olden days, I assume that kids still play there. I am not sending items to ole Fort D in Missouri! (You can go on line and see Fort D Cape Girardeau, Mo.)
            I am referring to the ole kid’s fort in our back yard for storage of items. The grand kids have been more into computers and not playing outside, so the fort can be used as a storage location. I plan to put the lumber and tools in the ole fort.
            When I get the house cleaned out, I will need to remove the restraints that attach it to the foundation. Then David and I will attempt to move the entire building from its present location to a location that is less likely to be damaged when the broke limb falls. The building is not heavy so I hope we can move it and then return it without damage.
            The Broke limb is over the Ford’s hot house, and if it falls it would likely fall through the house. If or when we get the house moved, we will attempt to get the limb down without damage to any surrounding items.
Broke but not by choice!

Senior Packer and Mover: Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: