Translate

Friday, September 21, 2018

Nothing to do so... 09.21.18

            Today is Friday but I am writing about Thursday. It was Thursday morning and I had nothing planned to do. How should I spend my day? I made myself a cup of instant coffee and watched the so-called news. I made a second cup of instant coffee and again returned to my chair.
            I decided to take a shower and put some clothes on, then I made a real cup of coffee and headed to my desk where I enjoyed the coffee as I powered up the PC. I finished a posting that I had started the day prior.
            I took the grand daughter to school. Returning home I tried to find something that needed to be done. My spouse of 49 years had her own projects, so I went out and water the flowers and black berry vines in the back yard. I was again made aware that the ditch needed to be mowed and trimmed. Since it was cloudy, I thought I should mow and weed eat the ditch. 
            I got the mower out and went to work in the ditch, then I got the trimmer out and trimmed what I couldn’t mow. I finished at 10:45. I removed my shoes and socks and hosed my legs and feet off prior to reentering the house.
            Lunch is at 11:00 at the Homestead, I ate lunch. After lunch I took a nap as usual, and I regained consciousness at about 12:00. Even though I was tired from the morning work load, I decided to mow the front yard before the rain arrives. I was somewhat slow in my mowing do to the morning work. Mowing completed I got the weed eater out and trimmed the front yard. Trimming completed I retrieved the leaf blower and blew the grass off the drives and walks. I completed the yard work in time to drive out to the school to get Alex from school. As usual in order to be one of the first in line I waited almost an hour in line at school.
            It rained while I waited for Alex, so I had to roll the windows up and turn the air conditioner on.
            I returned home with Alex about 3:30, my first wife was at the grocery store. David had got off work a little early and he picked up Gabi from school. Dave, Gabi and Alex only stayed at the house for a few minutes as Johnny, our contractor came to the house. Johnny had a change he wanted to show us. My wife arrived a few minutes after Johnny and she made the decision. We are getting a Lazy Susan at no additional cost.
            The contractor left and I decided to have a cup of real coffee on the front porch after the rain. Someone said that a cup of real coffee after one works out, is like taking an aspirin, it relieves pain. Coffee may have helped, but I could not be sure, due to the pains in my ole retired body.
            After the coffee I went across the street to the neighbor’s house and checked the doors and windows. I also checked and water the flowers that needed it. They are on vacation.
            Back at home, we had supper and I finally had time for an adult beverage.         
            Now you know the problems of a retired senior person, there is nothing to do when you leave the work force so you sit at home alone all day, twiddling your thumbs.

            Today is Friday, my present spouse has only assigned 4 jobs for me to do today, and I have only 3 projects of my own. It looks like I will have a restful day. Bored with nothing to do, retired senior person!


Do not retire, it is boring!
Retired senior, and I must say, bored person, with nothing to do;   Don Ford         
 


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: