Translate

Saturday, September 8, 2018

Saturday Morning 09.08.18

            Saturday morning I slept in and did not get up until 6:00am! That was a good start to the day. I had my usual coffee or two, and decided I would manicure the yard. Now that I think of it, I guess it would be a pedicure, either way it was going to get cured! Prior to starting, I decided on an additional coffee outside on the ole rocker.
            As I sat there I noticed how quiet the neighborhood was. There was no school traffic, I did hear an occasional bird calling out. The quietness was almost overpowering. No kids hollering, no neighbors out in their yards and the sun was behind the clouds.
            Good neighbors are supposed to wait until 8:00am to start the noise of machinery, allowing their neighbors to sleep in. I performed a couple tasks and drink another cup of coffee waiting on the starting time. I cheated a little and started at 7:58.
            I mowed the front yard and it was surprisingly nice as a couple clouds kept the sun off my tinder body. The back yard was an easy job also, the clouds hung around and I was on the riding mower.
At one moment as I was preparing to mow the back yard I observed a hungry hawk waiting for the right moment to have a late breakfast or early lunch, photo to follow.

            As I was picking up sticks prior to the back yard pedicure, (actually I was picking up dog poo but I didn’t want to upset anyone so I said sticks) I saw some mushroom type plants growing and I have a photo, click to engage.

When I touched them with my foot they just disintegrated.
            Finish with the work, I was able to stager back to the Ford’s ole rocker and fall into it. Finally a little rest for the wicked, I mean worker.
            I sat there unable to move, my senior body having been required to work to a point of exhaustion, I noticed a humming bird at the humming bird feeder which was about 5 feet away. I watched as he/she flew up to a tree limb and landed. This particular bird had green feathers on its back. As it sat there on the limb I realized that this bird was camouflaged. Had I have not seen where he/she landed I would have thought it was a leaf.
            After watching the bird for a while, I bounced out of the ole rocker and quickly ran back into the homestead, I mean, I was able to slowly drag this senior’s body from the rocker and stagger back into the Homestead.  

A woman works from sun to sun,
A Man’s work is never done!

Workaholic; Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: