Translate

Thursday, September 6, 2018

That time again 08.06.18

            As my wonderfully inventive title states, “That time again”, is here! What time is here again? It is the time that I get to drive the Gabi to school and bring the Alex home from school. I learn many things in these short drives. Gabi is not very chatty during these rides, Alex can be chatty, and at times not. I told Alex that he is my favorite grandson. He replied, “I am your only grandson”. I agreed but I again said he is my favorite!
            I asked, who is your favorite grandpa, of which he has three. Alex took a minute to consider that question before answering, which I saw as good, then he said you are my second favorite grandpa. He went on to explain the ratings of all three which I will not enumerate, in case one or both read this posting. 
            I am in the middle. Not the best, yet not the worse. I can accept that position, not first not last but middle of class.
            Gabi has not rated me, but she does tell me I am silly. I like that evaluation. Silly sounds like I am having fun, and I can be happy with that.  
            Subject change:
            As I was a motivating over the hill, I saw Maybelline in a Coupe de Ville, does that sound familiar? Well I was motivating over the hill this morning but I did not see anyone in a Coupe De Ville. Heck, I probably would not even know a Coupe De Ville if I saw one. What I saw was an old man at the edge of this very busy street, with traffic going to or from three schools.
            This old man pushes a baby carriage and I have seen him many times in the past, but I had never saw him doing what he was doing this day. I now know that he does not have a baby in the carriage, he does seem to carry aluminum cans in the carriage. Today he was standing on the pavement next to the curb and was taking aluminum cans out of a trash bag, which I believe he had just taken from the nearby trash container, he then dropped the cans on the pavement, where he would step on the can, and after crushing the cans he put them in the baby carriage.
            I may need to get a baby carriage for my own use. We are getting the bathroom and kitchen remodeled. Where do I get the funding for these projects? Non Tax deductible donations, starting at $1,000.00, will be accepted over the next few months. I may need the baby carriage, as I will likely need to help the present spouse pick up aluminum cans. 
            New subject: Free food today! I have been invited to go to DIB and get a free steak for the noon repast. DIB isn’t paying for these steaks, so since they are not paying, they have invited me an ole retired employee, “Manager Emeritus”!  Don’t say it, I know, I have use emeritus incorrectly. Can’t you just let it go this one time?
If you can’t have fun, don’t do it!
Manager Emeritus; Don Ford


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: