Translate

Saturday, July 5, 2014

A real nice ride 07.05.14

 
                If I was to compare rides, the ride today was one of the nicest I have had in a year or so.
                It is Saturday and I am sitting in my chair, drinking my second cup of coffee. I was think of what I might do this fine Saturday. Several options popped into my head, and I decided on a ride that I haven’t taken in some time.
                Truth be known, I was on a couple roads today that I have not previously been on, or at least, I can’t remember ever being on them.
                Before leaving the house I turned the computer on and reviewed the roads I wanted to take.
I would Ride to Moody, TX C
Continue on Hwy 107 to Gatesville, TX
From Gatesville I would turn south on 118 and ride to Pidcoke, TX
Then hang a right on 580 heading for Lampasas, TX
Before I get to Lampasas, TX, I would turn north on 2527 which will turn into 1690 taking me through Izoro, TX
Continue on1690 to Pearl where I pick up 183
183 will take me to South Purmela where I would cross Hwy 84
I would ride 932 through Ireland, TX and Aleman TX (this turned out to be a gravel road)
932 would take me through part of Hamilton, TX and I would turn right on Hwy 36
Exit Hwy 36 on to Hwy 22 heading for Meridian, TX
Hwy 22 took me through Cranfills Gap, TX (I should have stopped there for lunch)
Turned right on 2136 which allowed me to bypass Meridian, TX
2135 took me to Hwy 6 which took me to Clifton and the bunk house.
After lunch I rode back on Hwy 6; the highway patrol were out in force.
The ride and lunch took a little over 4 hours, 204 miles. I took some photos as I was riding and the two photos I really wanted to show you, are no good.
There was a pink flower that I saw only a few places. They grew in a bunch with tiny blooms that were together and looked similar to pink snow cones. They grew only on areas that were mostly rock with little or no vegetation around them.
The other photo was of a Black Angus bull, which was standing in the middle of the road. He moved off the road as I approached slowly.
The weather was good, I rode and reasonable speeds, taking time to look around. A very pleasant and relaxing ride.
There was nothing special about lunch today, it seemed lackluster.
Have a pleasant and relaxing day.
Don Ford
 

No comments: