Translate

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Hiding in plain sight 07.22.14

 
                Tuesday morning as I was resting in my rocker near the garage door, when I noticed Molly was in Stalking mode. She kept looking at the wall which caught my attention. What do you think I saw?  There was a lizard that was hiding in place. 
Hiding in place means when something bad is happening, like an idiot with a gun, you quickly find a place to hide as opposed to running away. If you try to run the bad person may see you and probably shoot at you.
The lizard had learned his lesson well and was motionless, even when Molly jumped up and touched him with her nose. I thought that should have made him move on up the wall.
I decided to get a camera and take a photo of him. When I returned with the camera he was still motionless. He allowed me to take a couple photos and Molly became tire of looking at a motionless spot on the wall.
At some point the lizard disappeared.
 
On a totally different subject, we have found three dead grass snakes in the last two days. We see the grass snakes fairly often but to see three dead snakes is very unusual. My first wife suggested that it may be due to the fire ant killer I have spread over the yard.
I guess it could be the fire ant killer, I hope it doesn’t kill all the grass snakes but I would like to see it kill the fire ants. I put the fire ant killer down about three days ago and the two fire ant mounds are still active.
The two photos below are of the same lizard, the close-up makes it easier to see him or her hiding in place. 
 
I hope you do not need to hide in place.
 
Don Ford

No comments: