Translate

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Local artist's work 07.26.14

 
                As head art critic for, “The Ford Homestead Foundation of the Arts,” I have to review many of the local artists work. Often, these art works are of flowers and other still life.
                Recently I was asked to be the object of two local artists and at first I refused. It just did not seem right for me, an art critic, to be the focus of someone’s art work. How would I be able to honestly criticize art work, when I was the subject of the work?
                When I think of it, I am a very handsome senior citizen and whether in a photo, painting or drawing, who or what else would be better than me.
After many request, over several months, I finally gave in and allowed the artist to, “Do his thing”. His specialty is chalks and he has had many impressive works.
I must say I was somewhat surprised when he allowed another artists to help him with the final work. It is very unusual to have two artists work on one drawing but this team’s collaboration, seemed spot on.
The colors are vibrant, the dimensions are accurate and the representation appears to be an exact replica of me.
I know what you are thinking, how did they do this.
                First I had to lay down on the driveway, then Alex made an outline of me. Then I got up and Alex along with his co-artist Gabi began to accurately color the image. 
                Gabi had drawn a couple hamsters on another part of the driveway (photo below), you may notice there are several hearts around the hamsters. Gabi explained that the two hamsters are in love.
I hope your day is filled with Love. 
 
Don Ford
 

No comments: