Translate

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Raining like pouring it out of a boot 07.31.14

                I don’t think it was like pouring it out of a boot, but I would estimate a 2 inch rain early this morning.
I had completed my morning stroll on the neighborhood streets and returned home attempting to cool down. 
                I turned my fan on and pointed it at the rocking chair. Sitting in the chair and in front of the fan helped. Alex and I were discussing dinosaurs and the fact that the one in his hand was eating the leaves off one of our shrubs. In addition to eating the leaves this creature was throwing up in my shirt pocket.
 
                Alex thought it was funny to have make believe throw up in my pocket.
                All of a sudden, and seemingly out of nowhere, it began to rain. It was not like pouring it out of a boot, but it was raining. I took some measurements and found that the rain was about 2 inches.
                That is, the drops were about two inches apart on the cement drive way, see photo below.
 
                On a completely different topic, there are two moths on the wall over the garage door and they have been there for two days now. Do you think that moths hibernate like a bear, except they do it by hanging on a wall during the summer heat? What other reason would there be for them being there two days in a row under the night light?
 
                Third subject: I was checking on the kids in the front yard when I observed two orange blooms on a fern. They were small and kind of pretty blooms, so I decided to get the camera and take a photo. Now these blooms seemed odd as I have not noticed blooms on a fern in the past.
See photo below.
The next photo is a close up of the blooms on the fern.
After careful review, it has been established that the bloom is not from a hybrid fern, but merely a flower that somehow is growing in the ferns flower pot.
 
                A fourth subject, no photos for this topic.
                Alex Gabi and I were near the garage door when we started hearing this screeching sound. Gabi asked, “Is the sound from a baby bird”. I replied, “It sounds like a baby bird that is in distress”. My thought went to Molly and the possibility that she had a baby bird. The sound was getting louder and closer to us.
                Then we saw it, Molly had a baby rabbit in her mouth and the rabbit was making the sound. We all told Molly to drop the rabbit and Gabi was calling Molly a, “bad kitty”.  Molly dropped the rabbit as we all descended on her. The little rabbit quickly hopped into the flowers, we caught Molly and took her, fighting and kicking”, into the house. We did not see the small rabbit again and we hope that it went somewhere that Molly can’t find it. It was not a new born rabbit but it wasn’t as fast as molly.
 
We hope your day is filled with nice rain.
 
Don Ford
 

No comments: