Translate

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Photos of... 07.21.14

 
I had been sitting on the front porch listening to 50s music from my tablet (satellite radio) when a red headed woodpecker was seen on one of the oak trees. At about that same time, I observed a bright red Cardinal. I immediately went inside to get the camera and promptly returned to find both birds had vanished. I sat there in desolation hoping for the birds return.  
                I then decided to look around, and I found plenty of other objects to photograph.
 
Photos are not always what they seem.
The above photo of a limb, would appear to be taken in the winter time. It was actually taken from the front porch of the, “Ford Homestead” in July, 2014. It is just a dead limb against a gray colored cloudy sky.
 
Another photo taken from the same spot on the front porch.
This tree appears to have a cat type, eye. The eye is a spot that has healed over after the limb was removed.
Does the leaf represent an ear?
Did you notice the bug eating the small leaf? It is easier to see when the photo is enlarged.
 
A pink flower in this photo was also taken from the front porch.
 
Young pecans also photographed from the same spot on the front porch.
It is amazing what one can see if you look through the telephoto lens of a camera.
 
Look around and see what can be seen. 
 
Don Ford   Photographer Extraordinaire 

No comments: