Translate

Friday, July 18, 2014

A Passing in the family 07.18.14

                One of the saddest situations, is a passing of a friend or family member. Today we had such an event at, “The Ford Homestead”.
                The grandkids arrived this morning as usual, and Alex was carrying a grasshopper in a bug box. He had brought the bug box with the little green grasshopper yesterday, but today he had added a couple sticks for the grass hopper to climb on.
                There were some wet spots on the driveway and Alex was making foot prints on the dry part of the cement. Unfortunately Alex tripped and fell dropping the bug box. The bug box popped open and the grass hopper was injured.
                Alex began crying not just because he fell, but because his grass hopper was injured to a point that it was not going to survive.
                Alex’s mother Claire, suggested that we might need to bury the grass hopper.
                Still crying, Alex agreed that we should bury him.
                We found an appropriate location for the grave and I dug a hole. Alex put the little green grasshopper in the grave and I covered him over.
Alex was still crying saying I miss my grasshopper. I had tears in my eyes because my grandson was so upset at losing a friend. 
                Gabi found a stone that we placed as a marker on the grave.             
 
I hope your day is happier than ours.
 
Don Ford
               

No comments: