Translate

Friday, July 25, 2014

Neighborhood photos 07.25.14

 
                During my morning constitutionals (aka walks) I have recently observed a tree with some dead limbs that seem to be the home of, or at least the target of a, “Pileated Woodpecker” but more likely the common “Red Headed Woodpecker”.
                Every time I see a woodpecker I get the camera but it is too late, he / she is gone. Not being able to photograph the woodpecker, I have done the second best thing and took a photo of its home.
And below is the close-up of the same home.
Later in the same day Gabi, Alex and I were in the back yard when a pair of Robins began to raise cane with us. I soon determined that they had a baby on the ground somewhere. I got the camera and we sat down to watch the Robins. We saw the younger Robin several times, he was not able to fly over a few feet at a time. You will need to look very close to see the young robin in the grass. 
Can’t see the young fellow? He is just to the left of the gray boot. He is facing left.
 
Have a nice weekend and be nice to someone.
 
Don Ford

No comments: