Translate

Tuesday, December 10, 2019

82 - 42= 40 12/10/2019

            I would like to start off with a comment about phone calls. We here at the Ford Homestead received several calls Friday and Saturday. The calls were all robot calls saying they were calling from Apple. These robots did not wait for my phone to beep at the beginning of the calls so we do not know what their first few words were, but what we heard was something like, if you want to talk to an apple representative press 1 now, if you want to make a payment press 2 now.

            Now we did not answer any of the 9 calls all saying the same thing, as we here at the Ford Homestead do not answer calls from names or numbers we don’t recognize.

            There was one little problem with this robot call. Being retired senior citizens on a fixed income, we can’t afford, and do not have, any apple products!

 

            Allow me to change the subject for a moment please.

            Yesterday here in Hewitt Texas it was 82 degrees! Today here in Hewitt Texas it is predicted to reach a high of 42 degrees, that is a 40 degree drop, also  it is raining!

 

 

            One more subject:

            I have a dental appointment this morning for a cleaning. I don’t know if you do what I do or not, but before going to the dentists I brush my teeth a couple times and with more effort. I want them to think I do a good job of taking care of my teeth. I will address this appointment with the lady who make these appointments. I want to know if six months ago when she scheduled this appointment, if she knew it was going to be cold and rainy today? Does she just not like ole people, and wants to see them get wet and cold?

           

 

            Another subject just came up.

            My spouse found a small leak under the kitchen sink. I will check that out when I return from the dentists. Senior retired people never get to rest.

 

            I checked it and the garbage disposer is leaking and needs to be replaced.

 

 

May your day be warm and dry!

 

Senior workaholic; Don Ford  

No comments: