Translate

Saturday, December 28, 2019

Close to the end 12/28/2019

            We are close to the end of the year, and end of the decade (for my one reader, decade is a ten year period). Although the end is soon to come, that is not what this author is writing about today. Actually, I am writing about yesterday and today.

            Yesterday I went to the eye doctor but did not get my eyes dilated, they just did a couple vision tests. I will go back and get the results from the doctor later.

            We have needed a new garbage disposal for a few days. My spouse of more than 5 decades told her friend about needing the disposal, and since her husband had recently installed one at their home, he offered to install one for us. He and I looked at the old disposal and made a plan to install a disposal next week.

            After leaving the doctor’s office I whet to the Home store to see if I could get them to install a new one, and what the cost might be. The young lady who was trying to help me said they sell the disposals and have a third party do the work. She could not get hold of the third party.

            I went home, and after a few minutes I called the plumber that we have used in the past. He said they could install it after lunch, he then asked, did I want them to get a disposal or did I want to get one. I decided it would be less expensive if I purchased the disposal.

            I went back to the same Home store and purchased a disposal, brought it home, ate lunch, took a short nap. Just as the nap was ending the plumber called saying he was on his way.

            It took him about 30 minutes to do the work, I paid for an hour, and it was worth it! Calling my own plumber and purchasing the disposal I save $50.00 over what I would have paid at the Home store.            I let my friend, who offered to help, know he was off the hook!

            I tell you all that, as getting the disposal installed when I did was a good idea, as my first wife is having friends over this afternoon. She does this every year, cooking a meal, providing some sweets to eat and there will be a lot of gossip I assume. I am not allowed to participate in this party. I do get to go to a friend’s home where we will talk about our wives as we watch some football on the TV. My present spouse does usually save some food for me.

            I am getting tired of sitting in this chair so, Gotta Go!

 

Stay safe, be nice to someone each day!

 

Senior nice person; Don Ford               

No comments: