Translate

Monday, December 9, 2019

Couple days 12/08/2019

            I will attempt to remember what has occurred over the last few days.
            Let’s start with Friday. Our oldest son Patrick came from Pflugerville TX, (which is next to Austin), to repair our grandsons laptop. The computer had been dropped which broke some of the plastic parts. Patrick had ordered parts earlier and attempted a repair to the unit, only to find that he needed another part. Patrick arrived at 10:30 Friday morning and he worked on that lap top for 3 hours. He did not get that much patience from me. The computer now works!
            Donna and Patrick went out to a late lunch at about 2:00 and I went to get Alex from school.
            Saturday my present spouse went to the grocery store and I went to the back 40 to attempt to mulch some of the leaves. I started the riding mower and used it to blow the leaves into a smaller area, where I would later use the walk behind to mulch. I tried something and it worked. I used the rider to blow the leaves at the back fence. As I moved closer and closer the leaves were going through the chain link fence, out into the ditch behind the house. Photo to follow.
                                   
First photo is showing after the mower blew the leaves through the fence. Second photo is looking over the fence.
                                               
            Saturday continued; Donna and I went out for a quick lunch, she had a couple items to get at the grocery and we went to a big store to look at a back massager. It cost way too much but it does make an ole retired person’s back feel good!
            Returning home I was allowed to finish the back 40, it looked good. I then headed for the front yard and the plan was to remove the leaves that covered the yard.
            Alex was here at the homestead and he helped me by using the leaf blower, where he blew leaves from the street into the yard so I could vacuumed them with the walk behind mower. I finished at 4:30, after getting all the tools and mowers put away.
            I had been on my ole feet all day, and I was super tired. I made a drink and sat down outside to rest. I had taken one sip from the drink when my spouse of half a century came out and informed me, I could go to David’s house and get shoes for Alex. She wants to take photos and all he had was flip-flops. I did as requested, leaving my drink on the table by my ole rocker at the driveway.
            Returning home with the shoes, I again headed for the rocker and drink. As I enjoyed the drink it came to mind that I needed to clean the back seat of the fords ole pick up. Tres leaves hair on the seat even though I have a seat cover.
            As I was cleaning the truck seat, friends came to our house. I was allowed to sit and talk which felt very good. My other half and a neighbor were taking photos of the grand kids around the Christmas trees and then around the decorations outside. I was allowed to get involved in this process also.
            After our friends left I then went back to the Fords ole pickup and finished getting the dog hair off the back seat. This cleaning was necessary as we will all go to brunch on Sunday.
            Finally, I was allowed to open the new back massager and place it on my ole recliner. I should say, it works well!

            Sunday, my spouse, Gabi, Alex and me went to brunch at the barrel restaurant. As soon as we walked through the door one of the managers said, “Your cap hasn’t made it here yet”. I ask for a free cap every time I go in. We all ate and the food was good except for one thing. A small piece of plastic like something that came off a plastic bag was in the sandwich Gabi had. We pointed it out to the manager and received apologies and reduced bill.
            We dropped the kids off at their house on our trip home. Arriving at home, I was able to get a short nap. After the nap I went outside and sat on the Ford’s ole rocker. A neighbor lady came over and talked for a while. My present spouse ventured outside and talked with the neighbor for a while. Donna had a wash going inside and was also making cookies for the Christmas holiday. It was suggested that I could be cracking the pecans while I rested on the Ford’s ole rocker.
            I am good at taking suggestions, so I continued to rest while cracking the pecans. I secured about a quart before I became too tired to work. I was allowed to eat the smaller pieces as we like to keep the whole half of a pecan.
            In summary, see the photo below.
                       
            Tres is a ham and wanted to be in the front row. Thanks to our neighbors for taking this and several other photos. We are blessed with a good neighborhood, good friends, and the grand kids.  


Hope everyone had a safe weekend!

Senior hansom model for photos; Don Ford

No comments: