Translate

Monday, November 4, 2019

Neighbor 11/04/2019

               It was a typical Sunday afternoon, except for the fact that the time change had occurred.

            Do you know dogs and cats are not aware of the time change? I was very surprised when Tres and Charlie allowed me to sleep until 5:00am, new time, 6:00am old time.

            I was sitting on the Fords ole rocker, doing nothing other than relaxing. It was a nice 65 degrees and the sun was shining most of the time. As I sat there contemplating all the world problems, I observed a neighbor walk from his home with his granddaughter. She is very cute and possibly 3 years old. They walked out to the pickup truck and grandpa helped her get in the back seat. He went from one side to the other making sure she was buckled in properly.

            Then I observed the grandfather walk back into the home, and in a few moments he returned to the truck. Grandpa reached into his back pocket and pulled his phone out, he then appeared to be entering data on the phone. Opening the back door of the pickup he handed his cell phone to the 3 year old granddaughter. It seems, we teach them at an early age, that this phone should always be in their hands!

            Speaking of pickup trucks, back in 2015 when I purchased my 2016 Chevy Colorado, there were very few around. I thought I stood out, driving a vehicle which was unlike most other trucks. Now days they are everywhere, darn it!

            My neighbor who bought a new Chevy pickup, full size, also purchased a bed cover for his truck. I liked his new bed cover, it was a hard top cover, (for that one reader a pickup bed cover, not a bed in the house cover) and I have been looking on line to see if I could afford a bed cover. They say a good bed cover can increase your gas mileage from 10 to 13%. They have soft and hard bed covers. The soft bed covers cost a lot less than a hard cover. I discussed it with the CEO here at the homestead, she made two comments, you get what you pay for, and you get what you pay for.

            I like the price on the vinyl covers, and they look good, but they can be cut with a knife, offering no security. A hard top cover offers security, if you can lock the tail gate. The tail gate on my truck locks. It will be here Wednesday.

            I have a doctor’s appointment this afternoon, that is always fun.

            Waco DIB is going to have a party for a couple retirees Tuesday evening. It will be at a Pizza place and there will be free Pizza. It starts at 6:00 and goes to 8:00pm, I hope I am not too sleepy to go, that is very late for an ole retired person!

 

May you always be safe, productive, and cooperative!

 

Senior neighborhood observer; Don Ford


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: