Translate

Wednesday, November 13, 2019

I was mooned 11/13/2019

            I have done a lot of things in my day, but I never mooned anyone. As I understand it, you have mooned several people over the years. It wasn’t so bad when you were mooning people as a young person, but you should stop now, you are a full grown adult person.
            Let’s get away from that topic and talk about two record cold temperatures here in Hewitt. Yesterday and this morning have both set new record lows, with this morning at 20 degrees and winter isn’t officially here for another 5 weeks!
            I have a photo, it isn’t very clear but I think you can make it out. Last evening after supper I was forced, I mean allowed to carry some trash out to the trash can. Walking from the homestead, all the way out to the trash can, I noticed the full moon was beginning to rise over the neighbor’s home. It was so big I had to try and take a photo. Photo to follow.
                                               
            When the photo is enlarged it kinda looks like a Halloween photo. There are tree leaves and maybe a cloud or two involved in the photo.
            It has been very windy of late, and I have been picking up pecans that are falling due to the wind. In the street there are many pecans and I have been retrieving many of them. Vehicles are crushing many of the pecans and the birds are enjoying the easy picking.
            The cons that fall from the Ford’s ole tree, are soft shell. This year, the shells have a tendency to crack if they fall on the driveway.
            The wind has also brought down a bunch of small dead limbs, millions of acorns and other stuff, of which I plan to pick up at least some of this today.

May your pecans turn into pecan pie!
Senior pecan pie connoisseur; Don Ford

No comments: