Translate

Sunday, July 7, 2019

The price is wrong 07/07/2019

            I wanted to purchase some of that round-about weed killer, we had an advertisement where one of the local big stores had it for $23.98, with a free refill. This version of the round-about weed killer has the longer wand and the cover to use around plants you don’t want to kill. I decided to jump in the Ford’s ole Chevy and head for the big store to get some weed killer.
            Being very frugal, I decided to check the local wall store web site to see what they had. They seem to have the same item but no free refill for the price of $17.16. $7.00 less but no refill, heck I guess I don’t need a refill, I headed out to the wall store.
            I was surprised to find that the price on the web site was about $5.00 less than that in the store. I found an employee who could not explain why, she said that is the price. I thanked her and walked out without purchasing anything.
            I then headed for the big store (not the one with home in its name) and purchased the weed killer and received the free refill bottle. What am I going to do with all this weed killer?

Saturday: nothing special today. This morning I could hear several of the neighbors mowing. I had thought about mowing today, but I did not really want to. I mowed the back yard this morning and prior to mowing I picked up all the dog poo. I then got on the Ford’s ole mower and made a couple passes when, I observed Tres leaving a deposit where I had not mowed. I stopped and picked up another pile of poo.
            Later in the afternoon I manicured the front yard and again we have the best looking lawn!
            I sat outside for a while with a cold drink this afternoon, but it was too hot so I returned to the office.
California has again had some bad earth quakes, I do feel sorry for those people.
For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows” (KJV Mark 13:8).

Sunday: I sit here in front of the Ford’s very old computer with nothing to do but wait. What am I waiting on, it is my spouse of 5 decades. She is in the process, I hope, of getting ready to go to brunch. I had taken a photo of a fungus and uploaded to the computer. I was messing around and somehow made a very short video, which I will attempt to upload to the posting.
                                                 

          This morning I had hoped to sleep in to about 6:00am since it is Sunday, noticed I stated Hoped! Charlie the Cat decided to begin meowing at 5:00 am. His incessant noise caused the Tres to come to my side of the bed and poke me with his nose. Tres was telling me to get up, because Charlie needs to go outside.
          I bounced out of bed at 5:00am. Charlie must have really needed to go outside as he did not stop to eat, instead he went directly to the door. I was somewhat surprised that Molly was ready to go out also.
          I understand that the above two paragraphs are not interesting to you, but since they are somewhat irritating to me, I put them in this posting.
          People use to keep diaries or log books of their daily actions. Personally, I look at these postings as my journal.

          The neighborhood, at least on our block, looks good. It seems as if everyone mowed their yards at about the same time. Nice job neighbors! Finally a little unity. Let’s be honest, there is no unity as to the upkeep of the yards, it was a total but nice coincidence.

May your week be filled with much kindness!

Senior kindness guru and nondiscriminatory neighborDon Ford 

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: