Translate

Sunday, July 14, 2019

Gourd 07/14/2019

            I have a photo taken in the back 40 here at the Ford Homestead. The photo is of a gourd, the gourd is hanging in the tree. Who knew Live Oak trees had gourds.
                                               
            Now that I have reviewed this photo, I am reminded something that my brother Jack use to say to me, when I was a kid. “Donnie Ray Ford with a head like a gourd”! Yep they use to call me Donnie.
            Something that just popped into my head via my memory, my first wife’s family use to call her Donnie also. When we were at her home and someone referred to her as Donnie, we would both respond.
Changing the subject;
            If you had read previous postings you might know that we had purchased a defective swing set. We called the manufacture and they sent a replacement part. It was the wrong part. We called again and they have now sent the part again and we now have the right part. I have put the swing together in the garage, we will move it outside this afternoon, but first I will need to move the wishing well flower pot which weighs about 100 pounds. I am hoping to be able to set the swing set next to the flag pole. Photos to follow, click to enhance or enlarge.
                                   
            An early morning shot of the swing, yes I sit on it and it did not break. I knew someone would make an ugly comment, so I beat them to the punch. That cement wishing well is very heavy, but we got it moved. This may not be the final resting place of the swing set, we will advise if it is moved.

            On a different subject, there was a birthday party yesterday (Saturday) for my spouse of many decades. It was a surprise party, and Donna was unaware, until I got her to the restaurant. One of our friends and a neighbor did all the work of getting it together. There was family and friends in attendance. A good time was had by those in attendance. The guys and me that came, all went to the sports bar so we would be out of the female party goers’ way. The actual birthdate is next Tuesday, July 16th.
            Speaking of a surprise, there is a surprise Lilly that popped up, which may be the flower beds way of saying happy birthday to Donna. Photo to follow. It isn’t sweating, it rained a little yesterday.
                                   
            Again changing the subject; my first wife and I went to Brunch Sunday a little before noon. I had considered stopping at a couple stores on the way home but I decided to skip the stores, and head for the Homestead, in favor of a nap.
            Waking from the nap, I decided to go get some gas in the Ford’s ole Chevy and then head to the freight store for a couple items. Returning home I headed to the back 40 and began to mow. Completing the mowing project I procured a cold adult beverage. Then I headed in the homestead main building and started writing this somewhat interesting article. 

Be nice, listen to others, you will learn!
Senior non-listener; Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: