Translate

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Dumber than dog shirt 07/23/2019

               As I was working in the back 40 Monday morning, I heard water spraying. The sound came from a home behind the Ford Homestead. I was on my knees praying, please help me get this work completed soon, as my ole senior body was sweating, while I dug into the dirt.
            I did get the black berry plant successfully transplanted. Photo to follow.
Before

After

            Completing the black berry transplant operation, Alex and I attempted to dig up a couple peppermint plants. He wants to take some mint plants to his house.
            Completing all the work, I was putting all the tools away when, I again noticed the sound of water spraying. This time I looked to see the 8 foot wood fence at the house (notice I did not say neighbors) behind us. At first I did not notice it. Then I stopped looking, and became observant!
            When this person moved in, she had a chain link fence removed, and a wood fence installed. The wooden fence is about 5 feet inside her property line.
            Today, as the sprinkler system was running, there are three sprinklers on the outside of the back part of the fence. Yep it is watering the outside of the wood fence and weeds that are growing there. If this was a neighbor, I would have told them of the problem. Photo to follow. 

            Shirt happens:
            The topic of sprinkler systems was not something I had thought I would continue with but, here we go. I was working on a different project when I noticed a sprinkler that was located in our Jasmine. The sprinkler head is one that is not in the ground, instead it is above the ground, as it needs to pop up, above the jasmine.
            Well, I looked down and there was a sprinkler head laying there, broken off the pipe that is in the ground. I decided I need to attempt to repair this head, as the sprinklers will run in the morning. Yes I could shut that group of heads off, but as dry as it is I want them all to spray water. I got my ole sprinkler tool box and found the needed parts. Then I dug down to the broken part and removed the broken parts.
            I was able to put everything together and replace the head. In the photo, the white fittings are the parts I replaced.
                                               
            I then decided to check the head to be sure it was working properly. I turned the water on and it worked as it should, but I found another head that wasn’t. The problem is the grass. It will grow over a head and not allow it to pop up. I checked all 7 systems and found 5 heads that needed my attention due to the grass.
            When the system runs tomorrow, it should water everything properly. We were supposed to get rain today, we didn’t!

Be productive, safe and be cooperative, it is appreciated!
           
Senior plumber and transplant expert; Don Ford    

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: