Translate

Monday, July 15, 2019

Information requested 07/15/2019

            We, here at the Ford homestead, have had black berries for many years. We have never had black berries act as these have. FYI, these are the same black berry plants that we have had for years. These plants normally have the berries late spring but not in July! A couple of the plants are producing berries now. Photo to follow.
                                               
            It is July 15 and there are berries on this plant. I know someone is going to say it is due to the fertilizer that we use (also known as BS) but that isn’t the case. I do not fertilize these plants and I do not provide them with, very much of my BS.
            Could it be climate change that is causing this?
            Now that I think of it, I have been putting old coffee grounds on the dirt around the berries. Could the coffee grounds have an effect?         Caffeine is a stimulant. Things are becoming clearer now.     I need a cup of coffee!            C U L (see you later)

Only master gardeners should respond!

Senior uninformed gardener; Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: